University of San Diego, University of San Francisco, NYU, University of Washington

<p>you’re not a minority -_- (y)
i think you can get into everywhere.
particularly nyu because, im assuming, you’re saying your essays are powerful :smiley:
are you doing stern?
but all college admission is a crapshot</p>

<p>chance me
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1411880-chance-me-cmus-cit-mcs-cfa-earlyd.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1411880-chance-me-cmus-cit-mcs-cfa-earlyd.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Yes, I am a minority. Half African.
And yeah I intend on applying to Stern.
My essays are my strong side.
I’ve been told it’s the best college essay by those who have read it.</p>

<p>you’re not a minority. i bet you would say that you’re white if you had too… bsssssssssss. haha, i needed to get that off my chest.
&yo we be twins. people said the same to my commonapp essay.
from what i hear, nyu looks at sat scores. so if its good, then you’re good</p>

<p>My dad is 100% white and from Canada. I’m from Montreal, Canada. My mother was born and raised in Cape Town, South Africa. You don’t have to believe me if you don’t want to.</p>

<p>dude, i believe that you’re half african/white LOL
i just find it unfair that you get named a minority… when you’re obviously 50% white tooooo</p>

<p>I only know about NYU from these schools, and I think you have a chance to get in, although if you score a little bit higher on your SAT, your chances will improve dramatically.</p>

<p>By the way, what state are you from?</p>

<p>I’m from California</p>

<p>Are you from a rural part or an urban part? Because I live in New York and a lot of times people from other parts of the country, especially rural parts, have a hard time adapting to life at colleges in New York, and NYU in pArticular. The reason is that by NYU there are many tattoo parlors, bars, etc. and I’ve heard stories from people that kids from rural communities experience major culture shock the first few months of NYU…</p>

<p>I’m from a medium sized city</p>

<p>I need more responses…</p>

<p>I’ll chance back</p>

<p>Bump…</p>

<p>I’m very stressed out
I need more harsh opinions</p>

<p>An interesting situation. Justin describes himself as 50% African since his mother is from South Africa. The issue of race in the context of Under Represented Minority (URM) is not clear here. His mom could be white. In addition Justin is a Canadian national. Does the URM status extend to foreign applicants?</p>

<p>I live in the United States and I’m a permanent resident</p>

<p>all these schools are a match. You have a 80 to 90% chance</p>

<p>seriously?? Even NYU?</p>

<p>Your SAT is low for NYU, so I definitely would not say 80% or 90% chance. NYU is a reach for you.</p>

<p>I was hoping NYU would be a high match with my GPA, ECs, very good essays, high interest in the school, and a so so SAT</p>

<p>It’d be VERY beneficial if you raised your SAT score (try taking December’s)</p>

<p>USD - High Match
USF - High Match
NYU - Low Reach
U.o.W - Match</p>