<p>I am doing it December
I’m expecting a 2000</p>
<p>Any more?
I’ll chance back</p>
<p>UCSD- match
USan Fran- match
NYU- Low Reach</p>
<p>At a 2000 SAT score I’d change NYU to a Match/High match</p>
<p>Chance me back, please: <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1413287-chance-me-ucs-upitt-carnegie-mellon-cornell-etc-will-chance-back.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1413287-chance-me-ucs-upitt-carnegie-mellon-cornell-etc-will-chance-back.html</a></p>
<p>Thank you very much.</p>
<p>Bumping this.</p>
<p>Idk about the first 2 colleges, but for NYU and Washington, id say reaches</p>
<p>SAT needs to be at least 1350 (CR+Math)</p>
<p>I agree with you that NYU is a reach, but I feel that University of Washington Seattle is a match/high match</p>
<p>If you are half-African, you are a minority. I don’t see how that couldn’t be considered a minority. You could be a quarter-African and still be considered a minority
You’re definitely a match for UW, especially if you have good essays. Admissions are holistic so even if you can’t get your SAT score up it really won’t hurt you that badly.</p>
<p>Thank you very much! That’s nice to know!</p>
<p>lexi418 Justin has not said if his South African born mother is of native African descent or of European or Asian descent or some combination of all permutations. In regards to URM college status, this is a common discussion among South African residents of the US who are typically against affirmative action measures.</p>
<p>She is of African descent. She left the country to Canada because she was colored and Apartheid was in existence at the time.</p>
<p>keesh17 I understand this. I was more referring to the person on the previous pages who made the statement that being half a race does not count as a minority.</p>
<p>I would like to point out that the average SAT at UW was around 1800. I think you are a match there, and NYU is a reach.</p>
<p>I know NYU is a reach. The only reason that I have it here is because I have always wanted to go there since I was a kid.
I’m out of state (California) so will that make a difference? I heard it is easier to get into UW OOS because the tuition is much higher than in state tuition.</p>
<p>I know they accepted about 61% of DOMESTIC OOS applicants in 2011, and they said the domestic and in-state statistics were about the same. Also, the yield rate is a good deal lower among OOS than IS. Hopefully we both get accepted! I’m guessing for us, the dometic OOS acceptance rate will be about 57%.</p>
<p>UDub is a great school! I hope we both get in.
Good luck to you!
Post on here if you get in.</p>
<p>I’d say
UCSD
USF
are matches whilst</p>
<p>NYU is a reach with your current SAT and UWASH is a high match/low reach. that score is hurting you bud.</p>
<p>It’s not that bad. On college board I’m safely in the Mid-Range score boxes for all the universities listed except NYU. So how would the score be considered bad?</p>
<p>I didn’t say bad. Just hurting you lol. I just gave you an honest opinion though. I think NYU would be more attainable with a 2000 SAT you still have a shot at NYU now it’d just be better with a better score.</p>
<p>Oh. I know and I like that you gave an honest opinion. Does the fact that I’m a minority, I have good GPA, pretty solid ECs, and a strong essay compensate for my mediocre SAT score?</p>