University of San Diego, University of San Francisco, NYU, University of Washington

<p>It does, but that’s up to admissions officers and their opinions. If you get a Good SAT score to back up your EC’s and GPA there is nothing left up to opinion ya know?</p>

<p>Yeah. I know what you mean. I take it one last time in December. The Critical Reading section is screwing up my whole score.</p>

<p>Have you tried taking ACT? I found it a lot easier. I took the SAT twice and was stuck at 1870 superscore. I took the ACT the first time and got a 29 then the 2nd time got a 30 which correlates to about a 2050 SAT</p>

<p>I’m doing the ACT on December 8 for the first time.
What would I need on the ACT for NYU to be a match?
While I know it is a reach, it is my dream school so I don’t want to give up on it.</p>

<p>I’m confident that you’d get into all those schools except maybe NYU because of your SATs- if you can get them up to a 2000 like you said, then probably yes for them too. Good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks very much!</p>

<p>You’re pretty much in the same boat as I am-- getting in to all of them except NYU is a reach because of your SAT.</p>

<p>All the schools listed are matches except NYU?
I’m not applying to the super competitve NYU Stern if that makes a difference.</p>

<p>NYU and UWASH is a Reach</p>

<p>But still give it a try. You never know</p>

<p>I agree with the other poster, your SAT is low, but if you can get that up, youre set.</p>

<p>At the moment, I would give USD and USF matches, UW Seattle a high match and NYU a reach.</p>

<p>Chance back?</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1416345-chance-me-computer-sci-schools-uw-cmu.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1416345-chance-me-computer-sci-schools-uw-cmu.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>What would it take for UWash to be a match?</p>

<p>Your statistics are a fit for the UW.</p>

<p>However, because youre out of state your chances are generally lower than instate applicants. If you could do something to improve your chances, I think raising your SAT score is a good idea.</p>

<p>If I can pay full freight wouldn’t that be beneficial to me?</p>

<p>Sorry to be reviving this thread so late, but here’s the deal with UDUB (since it seems like that one’s the tossup):
Stats and acceptance rate-wise, there was no difference between IS and OOS students during the 2011 admissions cycle, which is probably comparable to the 2013 admissions cycle. So I don’t think you need to worry about statistics. Your essays will be the important thing.</p>