Upstairs Downstairs

<p>Are any of you watching the updated "Upstairs Downstairs"? It's very good.
Also Downton Abbey............I'll be glad when it premiers a new season.</p>

<p><em>Raising hand</em></p>

<p>Yes, I’m watching Upstairs,Downstairs and Call the Midwife. After Sunday night’s Call the Midwife episode, there was a preview of this season’s Downton Abbey. </p>

<p>Sometimes I have to turn the volume up to decipher the British accents!</p>

<p>So true about deciphering the British accents. I saved most of Downton Abbey on the dvr and have seriously considered re-watching with hearing impaired subtitles. Has anyone watched the original Upstairs Downstairs recently? That was my obsession last year. I started with the new Upstairs Downstairs, but it’s not exactly doing it for me.</p>

<p>H and I have been re-watching the original series (we were big fans, long before we knew each other, when it first aired) for the past few months. It’s so marvelous; the new one doesn’t hold a candle to it.</p>

<p>Where do you watch the original episodes of Upstairs,Downstairs ?</p>

<p>I’m watching it. I like it but also find it disappointing. The actors, costumes, plot and sets are all fine, but it’s the writing or pacing or something that is off. It’s not as exciting as it could be. I was a big fan of the original series.</p>

<p>I also love Downton, which is much better than Up-Down. I can’t wait for series 3 in January. </p>

<p>I’m watching Call the Midwife too. My H is watching that one with me; we both are enjoying it.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>On DVD. I bought the complete set off eBay, brand new and unopened.</p>

<p>I’ve been watching the original Upstairs, Downstairs on instant Netflix. I find it so odd that the series is in black and white.</p>

<p>I also rewatched the original Upstairs Downstairs after season one of the new show by checking out the DVD’s from our library system. I remembered loving it when I watched it back in the day. The first couple of episodes of the old show were a bit disappointing (overly dramatic), then I fell in love with it all over again. (FYI it does go from B&W to color eventually!). The old series had so much personality; the characters were wonderful. Sarah, Rose, Hudson, Mrs. Bridges - no one on the new show comes close.</p>

<p>Just watched Ep 1 of Season 2 On Demand and will watch Ep 2 later this evening. I’m trying to recall the story lines but it’s slowly coming back. </p>

<p>But one question - why is Doctor River Song in the household masquerading as Blanche? Did the Weeping Angels send her back to this time?</p>

<p>I actually liked the original series and the new one as well. They’re quite different so comparing them isn’t productive.
For a change, check out “Land Girls” too. Season 1 is on Netflix…</p>