Hi I am from India and I want to know my chances for ut dallas aes scholarship.
SAT- M-680, CR-570 (I know they suck )
My LORs are great. I got 1 from my english teacher who knows me personally and 1 from the head of the NGOs I worked for.
- Head girl of the school
- Travelled to different state alone to live there and teach under privileged children Science and English for 3 months.
- Worked for protecting stray animals-2 years
- Recorded audio books for students at blind school and visit them every weekend.-3 years
- Volunteered at old age home to spend time with them, read and talk to them- 6 years
- Self-taught guitar player. Played at community concerts and fund raisers for Girl child education.
- Work as a children counsellor for troubled kids-5 years
- Animal shelter worker and volunteer-2 years
- Taught mentally unstable kids. - 2 years
- Got scholarship for junior and senior year studies
- Certified Yoga teacher
- Trekked up to zero point in Kashmir, Only girl member in the team
- Clean Delhi campaign volunteer and working member.-2 year
- Direct Street plays for awareness about girl child awareness for an NGO.
- Self-taught Spanish
- C++ Tutor
- Know C, C++, JAVA, Python, SQL
- Worked for food drive to pick over left over food from functions and donate to homeless.
- NTSE Scholar
- School topper in computer science competition
- 1st position in regional chess championship
- Founded debate team
- Elected Class president for all 4 years of high school
That is it. My test scores are the only trouble… But my strength would be that I am a girl interested in Cs major and that I can code in all the above languages easily and efficiently.