Various Misconceptions and Misbeliefs about Colleges

<p>Ahmen! This should be stickied</p>

<p>As a corollary to 68., 69. The P in "HYP" actually stands for Penn.</p>

<p>UCB, its a fact you cant learn anything from someone with below a 2100 ;]</p>

<p>Actually...Duke IS full of racists...</p>

<p>I went their for a campus tour, and I'm [people were looking at me like I was an alien.</p>

<p>Felt pretty hostile, if you ask me...not that I'm saying anything...</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>What are you that they were looking at you oddly?</p>

<p>warblers,
You did all that in an hour?? I'm impressed. :) </p>

<p>Job well done. </p>

<p>Maybe add the following:
68. Students that attend colleges ranked outside of the Top 25 are screwed for life.<br>
69. Everybody knows that the athletes at highly ranked colleges like Stanford, Duke, Northwestern, Rice, Vanderbilt and Notre Dame could never cut it academically on an Ivy campus.</p>

<p>Actually, the C in "HYPSMC" stands for...</p>

<p>no not Cornell, CHINA rawr</p>

<p>Nice compilation.</p>

<p>@ hawkette</p>

<p>Is there a big athletics scene at Northwestern?</p>

<p>warblers</p>

<p>Thank you! I really needed this laugh after the day I had.</p>

<p>Care Bears and Brown are now forever linked in my psyche.</p>

<p>But I am gonna fess up -- before CC there were one or two of these I <strong>did</strong>believe were true...</p>

<p>

Haha, around 45 minutes, actually. A lot of these have been percolating in my thoughts for a while, so it took less time than you might think to write it all out.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>You don't go here. It's DEFINITELY not a racist community, end of story lol.</p>

<p>avocado,</p>

<p>Re your question</p>

<p>
[quote]
Is there a big athletics scene at Northwestern?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Yes. Certainly it varies by sport and Northwestern is not nearly as energetic as the big state schools that it regularly competes with. But compared with its peer colleges like the non-HYP Ivies, absolutely, positively yes.</p>

<ol>
<li>Don't bother visiting colleges, talking to internet experts about prestige is the best way to find out where you should go to college.</li>
</ol>

<p>
[quote]
9. Smaller colleges are always better. That's why everyone wants to go to Deep Springs.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>This was my LOL of the day. We did receive the Deep Springs brochure this application season, but somehow it didn't win over my son. </p>

<p>Good luck to everyone still awaiting admission news this year.</p>

<p>lol, nice. this should stir up some discussion :]</p>

<p>
[quote]
As a corollary to 68., 69. The C in "HYPSMC" actually stands for Columbia University.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>As a corollary to 68., 69a. The C in "HYPSMC" actually stands for Chicago.</p>

<p>As a corollary to 68., 69b. The C in "HYPSMC" actually stands for Cal-Berkeley.</p>

<p>Hilarious. Also:
1. Georgetown, Duke, Vandy, Wustl, and Cal are all actually Ivies.</p>

<p>Adding another one to the list, prompted by a post on another thread:</p>

<ol>
<li>St. John's College is a good place to study Classics.</li>
</ol>

<p>If you did that in 1 hour--Bravo.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Four, if you include Prof. Lawrence's "Lawrencium."</p>