W&M Residence Halls etc

<p>Hey, I'm an exchange student who'll be spending 2005-6 at W&M. Here in England, residence halls tend to be more close knit communities and in some places, provide somewhat of an identity. Is that true of W&M too?
I'm hoping to make lots of American friends, so I'm kind of wondering what the community is like there and what its like to have room mates. I'm quite nervous about the whole experience really!</p>

<p>Hell, just tell me everything!</p>

<p>p.s. I requested Landrum Hall (boyfriend wants to keep me away from guys ;) ) and the Bryan Complex, but who knows where I'll get stuck...</p>

<p>The community at W&M is a fairly strong one. Freshman halls definitely provide an identity, but I would say the upper class halls don't as much. The best way to make friends will probably be with your roommate's friends, or to join organizations, whether they be social or service, or something like intramural sports. Service is a big part of the W&M community.</p>

<p>If you have instant messanger (<a href="http://www.aim.com%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.aim.com&lt;/a&gt;) feel free to message me, same name as on this site. I'm living in the Bryan Complex next year. (12 hours till the Liverpool / Chelsea game...)</p>

<p>Thanks for the info - if you see a strange person pop up on aim it may just be me :D</p>