Wasted high school, got nothing done, low sat scores..I wont be considered by colleges of my choice?

Long story short…but I really was unsure about what I wanted to do until I took Physics 1 in junior year. By that time I became interested in engineering. Problem was that it was too late to enroll in AP Chemistry which I should have done the year before. I tried to self study for subject test in Physics but ugh I didn’t do very well. I wish they had Physics B so I could have used an instructor to prepare for a full year.

As for SATs, I am unsure why I score so low. I usually get between 2000 to 2100 despite making good grades in my classes. highest was 2050. I find myself bad at ACT too, 28…

I found myself interested in Carnegie Mellon but I really screwed up too much…I dont have the recommended prep for SAT chem and only half the prep for SAT physics.

There are a ton of colleges that would be great for you. What’s your GPA? If its in the upper 3.whatever range, I’d suggest looking into Rose Hulman Institute of Technology.
http://collegeapps.about.com/od/GPA-SAT-ACT-Graphs/ss/rose-hulman-admission-gpa-sat-act.htm
http://collegeapps.about.com/od/collegeprofiles/p/rose-hulman.htm

You’ll have a large boost if you’re a girl.

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/collegeprofiles/p/illinois-institute-of-technology.htm

What did you score?

Anyway, there are a lot of colleges that would love to have you. Are you a senior?

My GPA is a 4.63, and no I am a male.

I am also considering Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, UT, Rice, USC, UMich and Boston University.

I feel like I have my heart set on Carnegie yet I didnt do early decision because I didnt feel as if I had enough time to get a quality score for School of Engineering.

Apply to those, but keep in mind that they’re all reaches. Apply to your state flagship (in most cases they’d be thrilled to have your scores) as a safety or very low match and some non-flagships for some more safeties. I hope it all works out for you. How are your ECs?