West Wing fans - great price on DVDs

<p>I've been checking Amazon for the West Wing Complete Collection (7 seasons, 45 discs, 154 episodes) since I read that they sometimes offered it for $115. The list price is $300, Amazon price is usually in the low $200s. Last night I saw it for $115 and placed an order. I thought that I would post something about this great deal here in case anyone else wanted to order it for themselves or for a holiday gift. To my surprise, the price is now $75. I called Amazon, and they immediately issued a refund for the price difference.</p>

<p>Amazon.com:</a> The West Wing - The Complete Series Collection: Martin Sheen, Allison Janney, John Spencer, Jason Ensler: Movies & TV</p>

<p>They seem to have price reductions on other TV show collections.</p>

<p>I actually never watched West Wing, but I recently saw a couple of episodes and liked it very much. So now I'm looking forward to seeing the entire series. This will be a Christmas present for me from my husband.</p>

<p>Just wanted to add that you will never find a better price. My D has asked for this for the last 3 Christmases and birthdays, and I could never find it for less than $150. I've tried looking for it used and never succeeded. I couldn't bring myself to buy it since I am on a tight budget, and it would have used up to much of my budget on her. </p>

<p>I just found it at this price on Amazon when I was buying other DVDs ( for $9.00 , by the way- new titles.)</p>

<p>Yay! Nice find, NYMom.</p>

<p>Oooh!</p>

<p>The only problem is that the person I would be buying it for is myself. Nobody else in my family shares my fascination with Josh and CJ and Leo and Toby and the rest of the gang.</p>

<p>We're 2 1/2 years off the season finale and I still say this was the best television show ever. I saw a little blurb on MSNBC the other day about the five best Thanksgiving episodes in television and they rated "Shibboleth" as one of the five. I agree, but I'm also very fond of the one where President Bartlett calls the Butterball hotline.</p>

<p>I'm going online to order it right now for S! We have the entire collection here at home, but he would love to own it himself. Thanks so much NYmomof2 for letting us know about this great deal!</p>

<p>Okay, question. I see the set listed for 74.99, but when I put it in my "shopping cart" the price reads $143.99... what's up with that?</p>

<p>Rats! I just checked and the price is now $143.99. </p>

<p>momof2, call their customer service number right away, don't press any numbers, and an agent will come on the line. Tell him/her what happened and ask them to honor the $74.99 price. I think they will. Do you have a screen shot of the $74.99 price?</p>

<p>The number is 800 201 7575.</p>

<p>Thank you very much for the tip.</p>

<p>I just ordered mine about 20 minutes ago.</p>

<p>I just looked at the price right now and it changed to $143.99!</p>

<p>On the phone now with them... we'll see...</p>

<p>I came across this website, which promises to track prices of items at various online stores, including Amazon, and alert you by email in case of a decrease. I have not used it myself yet. If anyone is interested, this is the link:</p>

<p>Price</a> Protectr - Get Your Money Back!</p>

<p>momof2, Good luck! The woman who helped me last night was very accommodating. Of course, I had the option of ordering a 2nd one at the lower price and returning the first, and that may have influenced them. I did learn last night by googling that Amazon recently discontinued their 30-day price protection policy. </p>

<p>Another thing about shopping at Amazon - often the item comes up from another seller, even if it is something that Amazon carries. The policies are different if you buy from Amazon merchants or the Amazon marketplace rather than Amazon itself.</p>

<p>Keeping my fingers crossed for momof2...</p>

<p>No dice. She basically said they can't do anything about it. </p>

<p>I told her it was false advertising. Oh well. :(</p>

<p>I'm sorry, momof2! But keep checking. I know the $114 price was offered weeks ago, because I heard about it and was waiting for it to come back. I only found the $75 price by chance. </p>

<p>I just checked a few more stores, and I see it at Target for $114.</p>

<p>Okay, I'll keep an eye out. I'm not paying $143 for it, that's for sure. You got a GREAT deal! Thanks for trying to pass it along. :)</p>

<p>I did find the Godfather trilogy on Blu-ray for my Dad for $61.00 (marked down $63.00). He mentioned last night at dinner that he would like it; usually he gets Netflix for everything.</p>

<p>Ahh, I must have gotten my order in just under the wire. Was able to get the $74.99 price this morning.</p>

<p>I don't know the url, but one of my friends is a member of a community that's sole purpose is to discuss deals at amazon. I know she follows lightning deals of the day and gold box deals too.</p>

<p>I actually never watched West Wing, but I recently saw a couple of episodes and liked it very much. So now I'm looking forward to seeing the entire series. This will be a Christmas present for me from my husband.</p>

<p>I suppose now that we no longer have to watch the West Wing compulsively in order to pretend that Bartlett is president instead of a Bush, they wanted to capitalize on that before inauguration.</p>

<p>I love Toby & Leo- my favorites, I also like Rob Lowe- the episode where they go to California to " help" him with his campaign and end up in jail is priceless.</p>

<p>Just an FYI---while I was channel surfing one morning, I found that West Wing is airing on BRAVO at 7am and 8am Chicago time Monday-Friday. (Although it wasn't on this morning, probably because of the holiday.) They just started from the beginning a few weeks ago. This past week, was the episode where Josh was shot while Pres. Bartlett was the working the rope line after an event.</p>

<p>That was a great season, Illinoismom. Reminded me a little of 24 that year.</p>

<p>I like the earlier seasons better because Aaron Sorkin was writing the shows.</p>

<p>They are now $74.99 at Target.com!</p>