<p>I believe the “5-3-1” program (gas being the 5%) started several months ago, but I wasn’t diligent in calculating the cashback and finding the discrepancy till september.</p>
<p>Oh-- you said samsclub. I was thinking Costco. Probably similar, but not identical. Sorry to confuse.</p>
<p>New Jersey & Oregon, what is the deal?</p>
<p>We sit in the car. They pump the gas. We pay low gas prices. That’s the deal.</p>
<p>Prices in Oregon aren’t any lower than in Wa, don’t know about New Jersey.
Waiting for someone to come over and put the nozzle in the tank is also very inconvenient, as you then get to wait till they come & take it * out* of the tank, before you can leave.</p>
<p>Garland–I always wondered why there was no self-serve on the NJ Turnpike. Now I know!</p>
<p>EK–I go to places where they are pretty quick about it. and I sure like not having to do it myself. Plus, it creates jobs.</p>
<p>Well…after the oil price drop and the wholesale gasoline price drop, we should see even lower prices. I was reading a 25 cents price drop is possible. </p>
<p>Prices are below $3.00 a gallon here. (That is pretty good). :)</p>
<p>$2.89 here.</p>
<p>$2.59 here (central TX) at regular gas stations might be cheaper at Walmart</p>
<p>$2.64</p>
<p>$3.06 yesterday. </p>
<p>Today: $3.49 cash or $3.59 credit. Ugh.</p>
<p>Paid $2.629 in Tampa yesterday. The only problem with these dropping prices is that my state legislators will probably try to raise gas taxes with logic consumers are used to paying more so the state can grab some more tax money now without consumers noticing tax increase.</p>
<p>I paid 2.51 (Credit and Cash same price) this weekend! Keep it dropping! South Jersey .</p>
<p>Paid $2.64 for mid-grade today</p>
<p>$2.87 which is real deal in CT!</p>
<p>^ Wow. </p>
<p>Still $3.06-$3.09 where I am. </p>
<p>Just filled up at $2.38 at Costco.
Low oil prices will be bringing global turmoil and instability…I heard this morning that Venezuela had pegged their economic model on selling crude at over $100/barrel. Yeah, right.
The US can become oil independent if the market isn’t flooded with cheap crude from OPEC. </p>
<p>@thumper1 & @emilybee – if it makes you feel any better, $3.15 was the lowest I saw for unleaded in SW CT.</p>