What Can I Do? My mom won't let me go to the college I want to go to.

I don’t think she realizes anything is wrong with her, and if she does, she doesn’t care. I remember when I was 6 years old and I told my mom I would tell my teacher at school that she was beating me, and she told me that she and my dad would go to jail if I did that and then the police would take me. She made it sound like the police would do worse things to me than my mom, so I never told anyone. When I was 11 I was thinking about telling my counselor, but I wrote that I would do that in my diary. She read my diary and told me I would be homeless if I did that. By the time I realized she was lying to me, I didn’t think I had a good chance of getting adopted as a teen and thought I’d be better off leaving after high school. My regrets are telling my mom that I was going to tell my teacher and not just telling my teacher. Then maybe I wouldn’t have had the childhood that I had or be in this situation.

I don’t know, I really wanted to leave Omaha right after high school, and I’d do nearly anything to be able to do that.