<p>I am having a difficult time narrowing my list. Just wondering about others’ previous experience with different schools. So, what college do you wish you had applied to/considered when you applied? Why do you feel that way now? And, conversely, what school do you regret applying to?</p>
<p>Would you mind putting down your own list of schools? I’m sure it will help future posters. As much as I have yet to apply to college (lol), I’m brooding over whether to apply to Bucknell or not (I’m not too interested in Greek life but it seems like a relatively solid school overall).</p>
<p>Don’t apply it’s craZy Greek at bucknell take my word</p>
<p>My list
Yale, Stanford, Brown, Penn, Columbia, UChicago, Vanderbilt, Lehigh, UT-Knoxville, USC, WashU, UVA, Rice, and GA Tech</p>
<p>Thank you for clarifying :). I imagine you attended/have attended/have visited Bucknell when everything is in full swing?</p>
<p>Free bump (woot!)</p>
<p>Any idea of your prospective major so far? Also SAT/ACT/SATII/other stuff? Just so I can get a feel of what type of student you may be (sorry if I’m being ignorant by not having read any of your previous posts in other threads).</p>
<p>Regret applying to: ASU, really only did it as a 2nd safety school for a particular major, and I got into the other two before it. I ended up not pursuing that major.</p>
<p>Major: BME
SAT:2300 (M:740, CR:800, W:760)
SATII: Bio 800, Chem 790, USH 780, Math II 790
GPA: 3.9/4, W:4.7
Class Rank: 2/260
National AP Scholar (6 5’s, 3 4’s)
Lots of dance/theatre EC
Pres of Recyling and Young Dems
Attended Roswell Park Cancer Institute (prestigious summer research internship)
- research from which will be published in 1 or 2 cancer journals (probably 5th co-author, but w/e)</p>
<p>umm…thats the gist of it. i have longer/more detailed posts on other threads</p>
<p>Every year there are over 20 thousand kids who regret spending tine on the Harvard app.</p>
<p>I applied, but occasionally I wish I’d taken my state school (UNC Chapel Hill) a bit more seriously when considering my options. I didn’t really realize how good it was until I was out of high school.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>…and the $70 application fee too…</p>
<p>I don’t really regret applying to any schools, but I wish I had applied to UGA. Didn’t know much about it at the time.</p>
<p>I wish I had applied to the University of Virginia and the University of Michigan but I am very happy with my choice of Clemson so I don’t have any regrets about it.</p>
<p>Didn’t need to apply: Luther, Cornell College and St Olaf (I used them as safetys but i already had two other safetys that I liked even more. Was really just merit aid hunting)</p>
<p>Wished I had: Kenyon and Macalester (on time, I did apply two months late [long story]), Whitman, Vassar, Carleton, Bard and maybe Kalamazoo.</p>
<p>I wasted time applying to schools I never would have attended: Princeton (was waitlisted), USC (accepted with scholarship), and WashU (was waitlisted…of course). </p>
<p>My top choices were Harvard (wait-listed)/Pomona (accepted) followed by Yale (rejected), so everything worked out and I don’t regret not applying to any schools.</p>
<p>^ and ^^ - Yeah, the only “regretted” applications were to schools that my Ds would never have attend (for one reason or another). Just a waste of time for the students, parents, GCs, colleges, etc.</p>
<p>Wish I applied to Dartmouth. It was my dream school for so long, but I guess I was too lazy.</p>
<p>Wish I did not apply Hopkins and Fairfield.</p>
<p>Probably either tufts or bucknell.</p>
<p>Regret applying to: Pitt, BU (ED)
Regret not applying to: MSU, Oregon, Kansas</p>
<p>I also regret not visiting IU.</p>
<p>Wish I applied to UNC Chapel Hill, Boston College & Georgetown. I’m pretty comfortable with my school and love it to death. (Do us part)</p>