What do you need to do to be able to get into varsity tennis (girls)?

<p>How do your groundstrokes, backhands, serves, volleys, etc. have to be in comparison to junior varsity to get into varsity tennis for girls?</p>

<p>bump 10 char</p>

<p>I think it depends on your school's policies. At my school, we have to get a certain amount of points to earn a varsity letter. You earn points by placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd at games.</p>

<p>they definitely have to be one level up. however based on policy like elau said, it mite be different. cuts for us are made after initial tryouts. u should be able to deal with pace and spin.- and generate decent amnts of both urself =)</p>

<p>good luck if u are trying out!!</p>

<ol>
<li>play tennis</li>
<li>know the coach.</li>
</ol>

<p><=fulfills #1 but not #2
<=not in tennis</p>

<p>Depends on your school I guess. I've heard of schools where if you played any amount of tennis, you get on the team. But my school has been state champs, or sonething like that, for about 14 (?) years straight, so our V tennis team is top notch</p>

<p>I'm not good at tennis (#9 on varsity, but I never play since matches have 8 players), but I would still be #3 at least on the girls team. I recommend:</p>

<ul>
<li>Serve continental with some consistency</li>
<li>Be able to hit flat groundstrokes</li>
</ul>

<p>and you would be on varsity at my highly competitive Maine high school tennis team</p>