Remember when your kids were young and they used to make “coupons” for chores they would do? What I really want from my 17yo debater D is a pack of 100 “S.U.N.” (Shut. Up. Now.) Coupons. This kid can make an argument out of anything. Or nothing at all. It would also be nice to have some dishwashing and cleaning thrown in, too.
Also, I really wanted my 20yo to dye her two-tone hair back to its natural color in time for her older sister’s wedding next month.
What am I getting? Well, I found out that 20yo D already dyed her hair–happy about that! H and the boys will probably get me some chocolates. I just bought myself a nice houseplant and a new lawnmower, and I think that will do it. I’m really hoping for the clean house, but I ask for that every year and it’s been one room done at the most.
What about all you CC moms?
S.U.N coupons looking mighty good to me.
I’m going to be traveling in a family “caravan” to my youngest’s college graduation. I think we’re all focused on the logistics of that and no one seems to notice it’s Mothers Day in that weekend. If all goes well, that’ll be presentvrnough for me.
Though an early pack of those S.U.N. Coupons would be much appreciated
I doubt I get what anyone would call a regular gift, I rarely get those. I do get to see my D, though! She lives halfway across the country and we are at the point where we are lucky to see her twice a year. She is doing an away med school rotation a days drive away instead of a days flight away and H has a 4 day weekend off work, so we are going to go see her!
S is not coming, but he lives with us and I seem him daily. His gift to me is growing in maturity by leaps and bounds and doing what he needs to do to be as independent as possible while intellectually challenged. He is able to stay home alone for the weekend to take care of the cats and have a trial run of being alone for a few days.
I want appreciation. I really don’t want my kids to spend money on me for Mother’s Day.
I will probably get a text from my D1 and a phone call from my D2.
I already got a nice card from my Mother-in-law. My H and I sent her a couple of wines.
I will be calling my mother on Mother’s Day.
Phone calls would be nice. I just told DH, “It would be OK with me if you remind the kids about Mother’s Day…”
@MaineLonghorn —. I always remind kids of birthdays,anniversaries, Father’s Day etc. Dont know if hubby does same for me but I always get calls!
SUN coupons lol
My oldest is a debater too. If you tell her to have a nice day, her response will sometimes be a version of “don’t tell me what to do.”
Love her dearly. But jeesh.
Remember when they were toddlers and we were thrilled when they learned to talk? 
I would be the opposite. If you have to be reminded than I can do without the “wish”. Unless they are five years old.
I’m someone who really doesn’t like attention for birthdays, self holidays. To me the perfect day is let me buy all the flowers I want from the garden store (myself - please don’t buy me flowers!), give me the time to plant them outside and if there’s time lets go for a long walk in a park and get some easy take out to eat out on the deck as the sun sets.
It’s odd, but I don’t really like getting gifts!
I like pretty cards that I put on the mantle for a month. Just makes me feel good.
I would really love to get a card or note or text with words of love and appreciation. Say nice things about me.
I will likely get a couple texts that say “Happy Mother’s Day!” and that will have to do. 
I would like a visit. DD still lives at home, so that will happen no matter what. DS1 is working on logistics with his girlfriend to visit both moms. DS2 is finishing finals and won’t be coming home until after Mothers Day so I am hoping to hear from him and maybe have a nice conversation after finals. I have all the material things I want, so just being thought of and visited are my biggest hope.
DS1 graduates the day before - that’s a gift enough but I’d love a hug and a thanks for the support mom. DS2 will still be at school and his birthday is the Monday after. I’ll be happy just to get him home for a real conversation and not just texts. Hubby will gift me my flowers (which he does every year and just tells me to go buy whatever I want for outside).
DS always got me a card and usually went with DH to pick up flowers. Now that he’s 31, I get a card in the mail and probably a phone call. His card are carefully selected to reflect actual sentiment, which is nice. DH used to get me nothing because “You’re not my mother” but he’s mellowed a bit over the years.
Back yard clean up party! That’s all I want…for my family get out in our backyard all together and do some sprucing up. Everyone is on board so hooray! Beyond that, I just like the family to say “happy mother’s day” and not gripe all day. Simple.
I got an early mother’s day gift from my D before she left for her study abroad. Her card had a reference to one of the children’s books I used to read to her nightly and made my cry. She also got me beautiful dish towels with swear words (sooooo me), which totally made me laugh. I’ll just have to remember to put them away if anyone visits with little people ; )
I’m not big into getting gifts. I prefer to give them. I have an only child and she does try to make Mother’s Day special. She usually gets me something that I wouldn’t buy for myself, so that’s always fun. I have no idea what that will be this year.
Sundays are chore day for me, so Mother’s Day has never been a fun day. We usually go out to eat on Saturdays and the kids have gotten me little thoughtful gifts throughout the years. But, what I REALLY wanted is to wake up and everyone say “Don’t worry about the chores today. We will take care of it.” They do what I ask when I ask, but it would be nice to not HAVE to ask.
And this year will not be fun. Our locality is dropping off a dumpster at our in-laws’ house on Friday. We get to spend the weekend cleaning it out, as they had to move to assisted living last summer. If it’s not at least half full by Monday, we get charged. And it’s supposed to rain this weekend. Bonus!
I would love a simple piece of jewelry that says,“Mom, Madre or Mama.” I will probably get a massage. I love that, too.
I got a card in the mail yesterday from my daughter. I will wait to open it. My husband asked what I wanted, which may have been on behalf of one of my oldest son. I mentioned o a gift certificate from a local nursery, so I can buy some outdoor flowers. The youngest son doesn’t acknowledge many holidays, so I’ll be lucky just to get a phone call. I haven’t talked to him in 2 months.