What do you really want for Mother's Day? What are you likely to get?

S called, husband called his mom, I called mine. D sent a text (in her defense she was at a wedding all weekend, she sent a gift and I talk to her often)

It was a fine day. Went for a nice long hike. Went to Dairy Queen and instead of the smallest sundae, I ordered some huge brownie hot fudge thing. Definitely my splurge.

Local kiddos did a kitchen takeover at my place and made brunch for MIL and me; video chatted with DD, SIL and GS. Kids surprised me with new fitbit watch. Eighth MD without my mom.

I got everything I wanted this year. Our youngest graduated from college on time yesterday. Our two older sons and their wife / significant other were able to be there, as was my husband who has had a major health issue these past couple of years.

We had a brief but beautiful day together on Saturday. Today was insignificant.

I really wasn’t expecting anything as presents because I thought going out to eat with my kids were present in itself. As it turned out, D1 got me a bouquet of flowers, candle of my favorite scent, whole bunch anti-aging creams and a cold roller for my face (she said it would puff up my face, there is a general theme here). D2 got me a nice plant.

It was pouring rain out today in NYC, but it didn’t dampen the festivity.

Audio FaceTime with kid 2 who is out of the country. Phone call from kid 1 who is 2000 miles away.

DH got me hanging plants for outdoors, four of them. He made breakfast for me, and we ordered out pizza for dinner.

It was pouring rain here too, and hail…and even a very short period of spitting snow!

My older daughter gave me a gift of educating a girl in an underdeveloped country for a year - and called me this morning. My HS senior and H are making me a steak dinner. Lilacs and rhodies from the garden. It’s all good.

Nm

I got flowers from both kids. We went to my favorite breakfast place which is usually insanely crowded. The restaurant gods were smiling and we walked right in. S flew in yesterday to surprise me. He was supposed to go back tonight but his flight was cancelled. I’ve got him for another 12 hours. We’re watching basketball and he’s trying to explain Game of Thrones to me. I am happy.

Husband and I stopped in for a short but nice visit with my mother. IM and phone call from both out of state kids. Nice long walk with husband and dogs. Very grateful.

I scored a bunch of tulips from TJ. My avatars sprang into action and quickly added to the gift… now need to find carpet cleaner… ? and ?.

Short PC from the kids, spoke about GOT. Nice. They were here the weekend prior.

My son surprised me by joining us for dinner! We had a lovely time and a fun visit at our house before and after. Having the four of us together was a real treat.

My son brought two huge gorgeous bouquets of flowers for me and my mom. He also got me beautiful necklace with my birthstone. My DH got me flowers. DD sent me very nice vintage card and two T-shirts with her school logo. I wish DD was home with us but she is still at school so it’s as good as it gets.

BIL & H’s Cousins he and H and all of us are close to just had their mom die early Saturday morning. We flew in to visit Saturday night. Over a very late 10pm dinner at IHOP, we planned a noon BBQ at BIL’s place for the cousins and other code family.

Despite the very last minute planning, it came together very nicely and we were able to get everything we needed and had a lovely gathering. (Thank goodness for Costco and BIL’s instant pot.)

We were glad to give the cousins a happy gathering and some closure, surrounding them with love and support and healthy food. The event was so successful some of them stuck around for dinner as well our S came (flew in Friday from DC), as did my niece and both of BIL’s kids and his new SonIL.

My mom passed away last week, so this was a sad Mother’s Day for me. It was not unexpected and her Alzhiemers was progressing. but still tough for me to process.
Neither of my kids are home, but both contacted me early in the morning. I ran a race I had already signed up for but otherwise had a quiet day with H.

@FallGirl and the other moms on this thread who are missing their beloved mothers - my condolences. It must make Mother’s Day bittersweet. Hoping the memory of your closeness brings comfort some day.

Best Mother’s Day gift ever - a new grandson, born yesterday afternoon! I’m so happy for my daughter and her husband. Meeting the little man this morning.

One of my favorite things about Mothers Day, a recent phenomenon, is the messages of appreciation and good wishes from my kids friends moms! It takes a tribe and hearing from them is a reminder of how fortunate my kids have been with choosing friends through the years.

So sorry, @FallGirl.
Congrats @frazzled1 !
Transitions…