what is this?

<p>does the "Lafayette Grant" given by lafayette to a student with financial aid continue for 4 years?? they say on their website that the student needs to apply every year.. is that standard?? do other schools also ask for application every year.. what if the first year i get 30,000$ grant and next i don't get any grant?? there will be nothing else to do other than transfer to a community college... </p>

<p>and i am an international and would like information about grant given to int student if it's different</p>

<p>please help.. or is the Lafayette Grant sth else</p>

<p>din-na,</p>

<p>Grants (NOT scholarships) apply to the upcoming year ONLY. All students must reapply for financial aid each year, and yes, this is standard practice among colleges. If your financial situation doesn't change significantly year-to-year, expect a comparable aid package each year.</p>

<ul>
<li>Justin</li>
</ul>

<p>thank you very much Justin.</p>

<p>the minimum GPA I have to et is 1st year 1.8 and then 2.0... right??? and what if i become sick and cannot attend college for a month lets say and cannot maintain the GPA.. (i hope i don't)... but what if.... will they understand and still give the grant the next year... there is no way i will be able able to pay that huge amount</p>

<p>i have seen at other colleges that they just ask students to apply for grant every year... they do not have a minimum GPA... but Lafayette is asking for a minimum GPA and some minimum number of courses.. </p>

<p>i just want to know if the requirements of minimum GPA and number of courses is easy to fulfill...</p>

<p>din-na,</p>

<p>You must maintain a 2.0 GPA in order to graduate. If you earn less than a 2.0 in any given semester, I believe that's the cutoff for academic probation. If you do get sick, rest assured you will be able to work things out through the Dean of Studies.</p>

<p>Yes, you must take a minimum of three courses each semester during your first year to maintain good academic standing. Assuming you are not coming in with college credits of any sort, and depending on your major, you may then take anywhere from 3-5 courses each semester.</p>

<p>If you have a serious concern about a chronic health issue or some other issue that may cause you to take a leave of absence at some point, you should get in contact with the Office of the Dean of the College to share your concerns.</p>

<p>If you are simply worried that you won't be able to maintain the minimum GPA or courseload, don't be. The standards outlined at Lafayette</a> College - Financial Aid do not concern most students.</p>

<ul>
<li>Justin</li>
</ul>

<p>$30,000...That's so great.</p>