What phrases or things are like nails on a blackboard to you?

Arbiter is probably the preferred word.

“Anti-vaxxer” makes my blood boil…

The people or the term?

An arbitrator is someone in charge of an Arbitration proceeding or charged with deciding any dispute,between two sides. So it’s a completely proper word for that and there is no substitute. I guess you meant when the word is not used properly.

Dunno- was just conjecturing. Might have to ask @MomofJandL. But an arbiter is also one who settles a dispute; synonyms are listed as adjudicator, arbitrator, judge, umpire, referee (etc) (and those are of course not used interchangeably).

Arbitrator is the term used in every case I’ve come across for someone who acts to resolve a dispute. Arbitration agreements provide for a choice of an arbitrator.

I thought arbiter was, like, you know, an astronaut. :wink:

I thought the term for that was a circular, @musicmom1215.

Orbiter? :slight_smile: ? That is a spacecraft.

Or butter?

I got it— the astronauts are cerclage. Oh wait…

Speaking of the devil.

It’s an astronaut Not an astra knot

heighth

(((((shiver))))

hubbie
bestie
exclamation points!!!

sick of hearing “start a conversation”. A politician might say something outrageous, then walk it back to say they were only trying to start a conversation.

And I am SO in agreement with post 3. Me and my friend, Tommy. No, it’s Tommy and I.

Thought partner

Adcom

For more recent arrivals and not wanting to scroll 396 posts.

Tippy Top.

Someone was “disrespected”.

“Just sayin”
“You do You”