<p>In your opinion, what states do you perceive as sending the highest and lowest percent of students to top-tier colleges? Why do you think that?
It’s for a survey; any input is greatly appreciated!</p>
<p>I think Massachusetts, Connecticut, and maybe New York.</p>
<p>probably the states with the highest psat national merit cutoffs.</p>
<p>Massachusetts, New York and California in my opinion are the top 3. Texas is up there though.</p>
<p>why texas?</p>
<p>California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Connecticut are the state that come to mind. You’re in look if you’re a citizen of an underrepresented state (at some colleges)!</p>
<p>What are some under-represented states? Alabama? Wyoming?</p>
<p>Definitely not my state…</p>
<p>the stars at night are big and bright! deep in the hart of texis</p>
<p>Underrepresented states? Wyoming, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana, etc…</p>
<p>alaska and hawaii.</p>
<p>Are you in luck if you are from an under-represented state for top-tier colleges as well?</p>
<p>i think that’s the only way you’re in luck, since your application is likely to stand out more. the states that send a higher percentage of their kids to top-tier universities just have more competitive applicants. that doesn’t help you, and it might even hurt you because your application could get lost among all the other competitive ones.</p>
<p>if you’re talking about only ivy-league schools things might be a little less clear since feeder schools might skew the statistics for some states.</p>
<p>Not arizona.</p>
<p>fer sure.</p>
<p>do colleges even care where you came from? If I were an admicssions person I wouldn’t care whether you were from Arkansas (did you know that was a state? and that the last s is pronouced likea double? *** arkansas!) or new york.</p>
<p>I though it was pronounced like Ark-Can-Saw. Am I wrong?</p>
<p>It varies. Stanford, for example, does not consider statehood during admissions. Check the websites of the college you have in mind.</p>