When marriage is a publicity stunt

<p>Just read that after 72 days of marriage, Kim Kardashian has filed for divorce. (I wonder how much Kris Humphries got paid for this temp job.) This makes Paris Hilton's past antics look positively amateurish. When will the American public stop its fascination with untalented, unskilled women who spend their lives changing clothes and posing for cameras?</p>

<p>And the Occupy Wall Street protesters are only worried about the banks and corporations....they should march their way over to her humble NY abode and add her to their list.....</p>

<p>what a racket......so stupid</p>

<p>This Americans are ok with, but two people of the same sex that have been devoted to each other for years is not ok. <em>shakes head</em></p>

<p>I read an article that said that the wedding cost just under an average $140k for each DAY of their marriage. Are you kidding me?!</p>

<p>No one I know gives one whit about the Kardashian clan. I will say, that mom of theirs is a master publicist who has created a dynasty out of a bunch of kids with no discernible talent, other than that exhibited (apparently) on Kim's sex tape. But someone must watch their shows and care or they wouldn't be able to stay on the air and make money.</p>

<p>I do think Kim is uncommonly beautiful.</p>

<p>Can't say I'm surprised. I don't watch their show and didn't watch the wedding but I'd have to have been living under a rock to avoid the coverage of this circus all around me. One look at those two and I knew it was fake.</p>

<p>A very sad commentary on our society. (And I completely agree with the above comments about the objections to marriage for devoted gay couples . . . what devalues marriage more??? {shakes head in bewilderment})</p>

<p>
[quote]
I do think Kim is uncommonly beautiful.

[/quote]

I don’t !! (even post plastic surgery – she still looks commonly sluttish)</p>

<p>The divorce settlement should keep her in fresh underwear for a few weeks..seriously, what seperates her from any of the floozies Charlie Sheen was 'winning ' with?</p>

<p>But, wait a minute, how could this happen, they have so much in common? After all, his name does begin with a "K"......</p>

<p>She makes more money than many film and TV stars, and more than her husband. She does not need his money. Her current net worth is around $35 million. His is $ 8 million.</p>

<p>I have never understood the fascination with the Kardashian girls.....they're just faces...period. There's no there there.</p>

<p>At least they're creating jobs.</p>

<p>There's plenty of there there if you look in the right places.</p>

<p>I still haven't ever learned what makes the Kardashians famous. Can anybody clue me in? :confused:</p>

<p>Famous? They've become 'known' for their notoriety,chasing pro athletes,making 'tapes' ;), etc</p>

<p>I can't believe people are actually surprised they are getting a divorce. </p>

<p>Honestly, I didn't think their marriage would last as long as it did.</p>

<p>Kim did a sex tape that was "leaked." That started the, um, ball rolling. The name recognition was there because of the dad lawyer in the OJ trial and the mom remarried Olympic champ Bruce Jenner. The mom in typical stage mother fashion made them famous, much in the same way Paris Hilton is famous -- for trading on sex and then appealing to the lowest common denominator. The TV shows have branched off into clothing lines, etc.</p>

<p>Seriously, what IS wrong with American culture that the media would give this woman any attention at all? I just don't get it, and probably never will.</p>

<p>You guys clearly need to watch the show. They may be vapid, but they are real people. And I will bet $10000 that this marriage was NOT a publicity stunt. </p>

<p>Sent from my iPhone using CC</p>

<p>@hatshepsut,
I have watched the show. I disagree that the marriage was not, at least partially, a sham. Also, they may be real people but that does not mean they should be famous.</p>

<p>They are real people, and even seem to be somewhat pleasant people. But they have absolutely no discernible skills, act like spoiled brats most of the time, and mom is certainly a master publicist. They should not be making millions basically for nothing. I wonder what they'll do, any of them, when faced with a real problem, not one manufactured for TV. The girls are all poster children for how you can transform someone with hair/expensive clothes/high heels/makeup and even plastic surgery. I'd like to see what any one of them look like first thing in the morning.</p>