<p>mommusic-- two words: bra extenders. I get them at the local dimestore. They’re great.
My beef is that when you DO manage to find a bigger (around) bra in the A/B range, they always seem to have those foam cups that have a life of their own. I don’t want padding or pushing up, just comfort!</p>
<p>Trying to find size 38AA bras for my athletic D was as painful as banging my head against a brick wall! Oh, yes, lspf, that’s how I learned about extenders! Then D discovered Nubra :)</p>
<p>D1 is also a 38 N/A or AA. Never heard of Nubra-- will check it out.</p>
<p>checked out nubra. You should have warned us, BB! The hairdos on the bra models were eye-popping.</p>
<p>Yikes! I took a peek at the site. The boxes D’s nubras came in have pictures of some normal-looking teenagers. Nubra works great for open-back or strapless dresses.</p>
<p>Are they sticky? What makes them stay on? Suction?</p>
<p>Yes, they are sticky (patented adhesive formula), but come off easily and painlessly without leaving any residue and can be gently washed by hand.</p>
<p>May come in handy. D1 is going to her first sweet 16 party this month, and considering a strapless dress. I would never have been that brave, esp after hearing a friend’s account of how she stepped on the hem of her strapless gown while dancing at her Senior Prom… Apparently she was a big hit that night.</p>
<p>I have had to hem about 75% of everything I’ve ever bought for myself or D. We’re really not THAT short–I’m 5’ 6" or so & she’s 5’ 2.5". I guess we don’t wear high enough heels. Oh well, when I purchase things at great sale prices, I am OK with having to hem. It does gall me when I purchase at full price & still have to hem. Oh well, at least there’s fabric enough, unlike those for whom clothes are too short.</p>
<p>For poor S, he had an awful time being fitted for the outfit he was supposed to wear for graduation. The blazer had to be taken in on both sides & in the center. The slacks also had to be taken in a great deal. He isn’t very happy with it–fits a boy’s 16 quite well but the smallest size they ordered was a men’s 34 or 36 which he swam in. I think the slacks were a 30 & he probably has a 27 inch waist or so. Fortunately, all the alterations were included in the price of the outfit. He still doesn’t like the outfit because it looks odd since it had to be so significantly altered.</p>
<p>I guess we’re all supposed to be “supersized.” I was griping at Costco. They bring in about 1 or 2 size 4s & the rest are much larger (or they only have small sizes and no large sizes–much rarer). Their buyer must be “off” and doesn’t learn because they are always having to have a clearance for the larger sizes when they run out of the smaller sizes. The staff at our local Costco have tried to pass the word on for years but to no effect. <sigh></sigh></p>
<br>
<br>
<p>Plus it looks like you get a free tube of nipple cream if you order now…</p>
<p>I too, am in the 5’6" - 5’7" range and often feel that I have pants a mile too long. I do tend to like my pants not high-water, but on the shorter side. And I also like them below the waist. Even though I’m not “short”, I will often try the petite section so I don’t have to hem. Hate hemming!</p>
<p>^^^ I’m 5" 4" 1/2 and also used to be able to easily wear petites(generally went a size larger than my usual) without hemming. However, if you lean to longer hems, as I’m doing these days, unfortunately that trick doesn’t always work as well!</p>
<p>My girls are on the shorter side 5’2" and they rarely find pants that are not a mile too long. Hemming is not the problem as much as the whole fall of the jeans are off. What I hate is they usually don’t bother to get them hemmed. They both walk around with the hems frayed. Joe’s jeans and Citizens for Humanity each make a couple of pairs of jeans in a petite. Super expensive but we got lucky once at Nordstrom’s rack.
I am 5’5 3/4 and I also find jeans on the longer side if I want to wear them with flat shoes. I have one hip higher and waist level jeans are uncomfortable for me. I don’t want them so low that my butt shows but I do like my jeans below the waist line.</p>
<p>Do you have Delias? They are great for odd sizes of jeans. The stores cary mostly “regulars” but you can go into the store and try them on for the style, then order online. You can order by length. It’s a lifesaver for D.</p>
<p>No Delia’s. I don’t know if they have them in Ca. We are limited in our shopping choices. We don’t have discount shopping. No Target, Kohls, TJ Maxx, Nordstoms Rack. We have two Macy’s. 1 used to be Robinson’s. Neither of the Macys are that great. We have shopped in some out of town Macy’s that have a good selection. The Sears is geared to the Hispanic population as is the K-Mart.
Our downtown has many small stores but they tend to be expensive. We have lots of stores if you can afford 200 dollar jeans. Or if you want cheap tourist t shirts. Not much in the middle.</p>
<p>hemming tape = godsend. It holds up thru washing. I don’t put pants in the dryer so I don’t know if that would lose its hold.</p>
<p>I don’t use the iron often, but I will break it out to use my hem tape!</p>
<p><<if you=“” can=“” afford=“” 200=“” dollar=“” jeans=“”>></if></p>
<p>every pair of jeans I own, totaled up, would be less than this.</p>
<p>Who ARE the people buying $200 jeans?</p>
<p>I am going to look for the hem tape.
From my observation LOTS of people wearing $200 dollar jeans. Middle school girls, high school girls, college age girls. Moms.</p>
<p>mom60: walmart has it in the sewing section for about $1.50</p>
<p>No Walmart either.I might be the only American who has never set foot in a Walmart. Our fabric stores have all closed. The craft store has a small fabric department I will check there.</p>