Where do you obtain your information?

<p>The main reason I joined College Confidential was to get information about things I can do to not only improve my application but for me to find things that interest me. </p>

<p>One thing I was wondering is how do people find out about all these awards, programs, scholarships, etc. I have asked my teachers and guidance counselors and they haven't been able to give me any ideas. Also, I have tried searching online for options but I don't know where to start. </p>

<p>So, if you could please tell me if you know of some source where all this information is coming from. I feel ignorant because the majority of this stuff I have never heard of until I read these posts. Thanks :)</p>

<p>P.S. I wasn't sure what forum to post this under but decided High School Life since this is stuff to do during high school...</p>

<p>Welcome to CC. :)</p>

<p>My school has a page from senior awards for the past few years, which names scholarships and awards people have gotten. That's one way (if your school has something like that). You could look up local scholarships or Google "leader", "math", etc. scholarships.</p>

<p>The other way is to just search threads.</p>

<p>Sorry if I wasn't much help. :/ Hopefully someone else will give you a better answer.</p>

<p>You could try Scholarships.Free</a> Scholarships, Grants for College, Fellowships for College , Fastweb</a> : Scholarships, Financial Aid, Student Loans and Colleges , <a href="http://www.brokescholar.com%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.brokescholar.com&lt;/a>. There's others but these are just general ones from my guidance counselor.</p>

<p>Ok, thanks. Currently I haven't really looked into scholarships but I probably should. As of now I am just try to find things I can do outside of school.</p>

<p>I stalk CC for information.</p>