Why are asians shorter?

<p>Why are they shorter than everyone? Do short men marry short women and make short children, making the cycle even worse? Is this state reversible?</p>

<p>
[quote]
The size and shape of an individual is determined by their genes,
as well as by the environmental conditions that they have grown up
in. It is difficult to say whether environmental or genetic conditions
are more responsible for the stature of many Asian populations.<br>
Different body sizes have different benefits associated with them.
Bodies will adapt themselves to their environment in a number of
ways. People growing up in hot climates tend to have longer bodies
and limbs to get rid of excess heat. People in cold climates tend to
have shorter broader bodies to hold in heat. (Bergman's Rule and
Allen's Rule). Being smaller is, in general, more energy efficient, can
make locomotion over different types of terrain easier (think of the
mButi, or "pygmies", that live in dense forest in Central Africa) and a
shorter height means less weight and a lower center of gravity, which
means that injuries may be overall less likely to occur. (Especially
from bonking your head on things.) The height of Asians may be a
product of what sizes were beneficial to their ancestors in
environments that shaped them.
How large a person grows is also related to nutrition and health.<br>
In many underdeveloped countries of the world, people do not get as
much to eat and are subject to less sanitary conditions, without
healthcare. When people don't have plenty of food or are lacking
certain key nutrients, they don't have the abundance of energy
necessary to grow larger, especially when they are constantly fighting
off sickness caused by living in unhealthy circumstances. Over the
last century, many Asian (and other) populations have gotten taller
due to changes in their diets, especially when they eat more protein.<br>
But obviously not all Asians are living in impoverished
circumstances.
So in short, (so to speak) body size has to do with how an individual
has adapted to different stresses (or lack thereof) in their
environment, coupled with any genetic predisposition for a particular
body shape and size. For a much more in depth look into this issue,
check out this website: <a href="http://www.unm.edu/%7Ekimhill/101/lect3/lect3.html%5B/url%5D%5B/quote%5D"&gt;http://www.unm.edu/~kimhill/101/lect3/lect3.html

[/quote]
</a>
Re:</a> Why are Asians generally short?</p>

<p>all right, I feel like saying this because me and a friend we're talking about certain other sizes among races (it happened because another friend is half black half asian and jokes were made).</p>

<p>anyway according to [url=<a href="http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=366192%5Dvarious"&gt;http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=366192]various&lt;/a> data<a href="gathered%20by%20people%20who,%20regardless%20of%20their%20compensation,%20are%20clearly%20not%20being%20paid%20enough">/url</a> the average size of Japanese wood is in the range of 5.1- to 5.35-inches. But is that a lot? Well, if top American [url=<a href="http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/resources/FAQ.html%5Dwangologists%5B/url"&gt;http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/resources/FAQ.html]wangologists[/url&lt;/a&gt;] are to be believed, your typical USDA approved hot beef injector is somewhere between 5 to 6 inches. Obviously certain well-endowed individuals will inflate the overall data (or not so much endowed, however these statistics are made I figure there's a good margin of error for those who estimate up) but as far as science is concerned, Japanese and Western length aren't different enough to be noticeable.</p>

<p>Its not reversible, soon we will all me midg...short people</p>

<p>
[quote]
Why are they shorter than everyone? Do short men marry short women and make short children, making the cycle even worse? Is this state reversible?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Talk about Eugenics. The only way this is reversible is if short people are banned from having children, while tall people continue to have children.</p>

<p>^ Psssh... taller people consume more resources to survive and have greater potential for heart and skeletal problems in the long run. </p>

<p>We'll see who survives the next ice age.</p>

<p>Why do Asian men have, on average, smaller reproductive organs?</p>

<p>^There is no positive correlation between the size and the reproductive ability.</p>

<p>^Asian detected.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Why are asians shorter?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>
[quote]
Why do Asian men have, on average, smaller reproductive organs?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>It's nature's way of reminding us that Asians are biologically inferior to the master races.</p>

<p>Everyone knows that the human body grows most during sleep. Asians, driven by harsh ringmaster parents, are forced to study through the night on most occasions, impairing their height.</p>

<p>Nasty, I answered that, they actually don't have smaller organs on average</p>

<p>tall people are more successful in life</p>

<p>Especially CEOs ^ </p>

<p>CEOs, on average, are like 6 foot 3.</p>

<p>^what about CEO's of asian companies?</p>

<p>im chinese and 6'2 u mad?</p>

<p>Haha I have a friend from China [she's 5"7'] and she says at home she feels like a giant. And a half-Japanese friend [boy] who is 5'10" says the same thing...</p>

<p>However, I am western european and will be of average height [I am currently 5'4" and should end up at least 5'5"]</p>

<p>Is it just me, or are Asians in America taller than Asians in Asia? If so, does anyone know why?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Nasty, I answered that, they actually don't have smaller organs on average

[/quote]
</p>

<p>We're not talking about organs we can't see, or that are inside our bodies :)</p>

<p>
[quote]
^There is no positive correlation between the size and the reproductive ability.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Reproductive ability is one thing. Satisfaction and pleasure are others.</p>

<p>This is a generalisation, there will always be exceptions. Plus, the average height has been increasing for the current generation (young people at the moment). If you see Asian grandparents, most are pretty small, women are around 5' 0 (and shorter) and men around 5' 5. However, the people in their thirties, are taller. And those that are in HS now are even taller still (remember, this is a generalisation). Many Asian boys (with exception of the shorter Asian countries) are around 5' 10 and above.
In the past, some factors included were both genetic and environmental ie. the minimal food peasants ate.
Anyway I'm Asian, and I'm 5' 1, but my older brother is 6' 0, and my parents are 5' 3 and 5' 10. So there is quite a variety in height :)</p>

<p>...I know. I used the term "japanese wood" and "usda...beef". And it would depend entirely on the situation whether or not these organs are in a body ;) </p>

<p>Also given that women are able to stretch and conform to most shapes and sizes, and that you've only got about three inches to go before you reach most of the major nerve endings, there's</a> not much reason, pleasurably, why a large member would be any better. Most women (85%</a>) don't have a problem with a guys perceived inadequacies.</p>

<p>(why can't I freakin' write *****!??)</p>