Why do I have to visit multiple colleges?

<p>On Friday I visited Bowling Green (Ohio) and I loved it so much, but my parents say that we have to visit other colleges because what if I liked them better? Well I don't want to because I love Bowling Green and it's perfect for me (others like Duke, Darmouth, etc. are too expensive and hard to get in, etc.) and also I want to run XC/track in college and I'm likely not fast enough to run at Toledo, Akron, etc.</p>

<p>My parents want me to stay in-state which is fine if I go to Bowling Green, and also it is the college to go to (for me) if you want to be a teacher. I don't want to go to Toledo, Akron, etc. because Bowling Green has the best teaching program in Ohio (well there's Miami of Ohio, but I hate them.) How do I get my parents to stop bothering me?</p>

<p>Just visit the other schools, apply to Bowling Green, and enroll if you get in.</p>

<p>They are right. </p>

<p>You will probably apply to a variety of other schools (if you don't, that's foolish). If you don't get into Bowling Green, then what? I am sure will find other colleges that you like.</p>

<p>I'm glad to see you loved the first college you visited. If you're like my DS2, he wished he didn't have to visit a single one. But there's a lot of learning when you visit these colleges. There's actually a lot of learning about yourself that you'll discover too. It's wonderful that your parents are wanting to do this. It's helpful for them too. Just accept the fact that it's a part of the process and enjoy it.</p>

<p>Well Bowling Green has like a 90% acceptance rate, so I'm good. It's like a 2.5GPA and 20 ACT to get in, and that's so freaking easy. Also, I don't want to visit a campus and have my parents drive like 3-5 hours only for me to say that I don't like it. (Or I might.)</p>

<p>Just visit the other schools. You may like a school even more than Bowling Green, even though you think that isn't possible. If you don't like the school, it will make you appreciate Bowling Green that much more. Also, it might give you insight into things that may be missing at Bowling Green that you didn't notice on your initial visit. It's a good idea to visit a few colleges. Around 3 or 4 schools is good, as long as they are all within a few hours.</p>

<p>...plus spending the time with your parents on the college visits will make them happy. Trust me :)</p>

<p>F.Y.I... This thread is 8 months old</p>

<p>hm just say you read about them, and took the virtual tours, and got your long list of questions answered by helpful cc'ers. Maybe they won't bother you anymore about visiting (my parents bothered me about visiting colleges, but eventually they dropped it).</p>