Why is my math ACT so low?

<p>I have been taking practice tests and I can only get a 30/31. If I don't make simple mistakes my score would be a 33+. </p>

<p>Even my science ACT is better than my math and I don't even try in Science. ***?
EVEN my English score is on par+ with my math, and I sucked at English all my life..</p>

<p>Though, I skipped Algebra 2 and went straight to Precalc...
Does anyone have any ideas on how to improve my math?</p>

<p>post this thread on the sat forum, they might able to help you out....</p>

<p>Or even better, the ACT prep forum.</p>

<p>Yea, a 30/31 sucks, that's why like 85% of ACT takers get below a 30.</p>

<p>Yeah but I hear all my friends say they got 29/28 and stuff on practice tests. And they are really bad no offense! I don't wanna be screwed over.</p>

<p>In a 3-dimensional (x, y, z) space, the set of all points
5 units from the x-axis is:</p>

<p>A. a line.
B. 2 parallel lines.
C. a circle.
D. a sphere.
E. a cylinder.</p>

<p>What is the answer?</p>

<p>Nvm I found out it was E. I kept visualizing it weird with a 2D mindset..</p>

<p>
[quote]
Yeah but I hear all my friends say they got 29/28 and stuff on practice tests. And they are really bad no offense! I don't wanna be screwed over.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>That was sarcasm. A 30 on math is 94th percentile (ACT</a> Score Information: National Ranks for Test Scores and Composite Score). That means you are scoring better than 94% of your peers, thus, it is a good score. If you showed a bit more humility and maybe you would get more help... and posting in the ACT forum would help too.</p>

<p>Yeah but the ACT is an achievement test! Anybody should be able to score really high! Please just give me tips guys!</p>

<p>Did you really just say that? Either troll, fail, or just plain ignorant.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Yeah but the ACT is an achievement test! Anybody should be able to score really high! Please just give me tips guys!

[/quote]
</p>

<p>And the national average is a 21, so you already have a high score. The fact that it is an achievement test (whether or not this is true) is irrelevant.</p>

<p>Umm.. I think it is an achievement test.</p>

<p>I improved my english Score from 18 to 32...</p>

<p>Most Algebra II classes cover a lot of the stuff on the math portion of the ACT. Are you sure you understand all of the stuff you skipped?</p>

<p>Do more practice, simple as that.</p>

<p>I think I have a lot of math to cram...</p>

<p>Ok what about reading??!</p>