Will my achievements be enough for scholarships?

<p>I'm kind of starting to worry about getting scholarships. I have a 27 on the ACT, 4.3ish GPA, and am graduating with honors. My ACT score isn't the best, but it isn't bad either. The problem is that I don't really have any volunteering except for some natural disaster clean up I helped with when I was in 9th grade. Also, I'm not in any clubs except for Beta Club. It's not that I don't have interests, but my school doesn't offer clubs for my interests. I'm an outdoorsman and work on a farm for my family. I'm not looking to go to some hugh Ivy League school, but do you guys think it will be enough?
Edit: I've also won some academic awards if that matters. </p>

<p>Scholarships from where? </p>

<p>There are a lot of threads on here where people list guaranteed scholarships that different colleges offer if you meet certain requirements. Here’s one to start with:
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/848226-important-links-to-automatic-guaranteed-merit-scholarships.html”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/848226-important-links-to-automatic-guaranteed-merit-scholarships.html</a></p>

<p>Volunteering is just another kind of EC, and you don’t need volunteering specifically unless maybe you’re trying to get scholarships that require community service. Some colleges might look at your extracurricular activities in addition to your grades and test scores. Do you have an ECs other than Beta Club? They don’t have to take place at school. </p>

<p>Also consider whether you’ll be eligible for need-based aid. Most colleges have net price calculators on their websites. </p>

<p>The majority of your scholarship money will come in the form of institutional merit aid from the school itself depending on how you compare to the rest of the applicant pool – so your safeties will probably give more merit aid as opposed to matches/reaches. In terms of need based aid, that is dependent on your family’s income and assets which will be determined by either or both the CSS PROFILE or FAFSA. Schools typically report the average amount of “need” they meet for their students – but keep in mind, need based aid is not always grants; it is also loans, so a school may advertise that it meets 100% of need; but much of it can largely be loans that need to be paid back.</p>