Your Good Buy Of The Day (Part 1)

<p>A couple weeks ago I posted steepandcheap.com, a site with an individual clearance item on sale at a time. They just added a new tab called gear cache that has tons of items up to 80% off. Almost completely outdoor gear, but they have casual clothing for men, woman, and children as well. [Steep</a> and Cheap: Winter Clearance](<a href=“http://www.steepandcheap.com/steepcheap/gear-cache/2003]Steep”>http://www.steepandcheap.com/steepcheap/gear-cache/2003)</p>

<p>I went to the BIGGEST Salvation Army I’ve ever seen…located in a very wealthy area. They were having a sale…green tags clothing $5 for 5 items. I got a red poplin blazer, a khaki really cute blazer with a,pleat in the back and 3/4 length sleeves, a long sleeve champion exercise shirt, a Liz pink long sleeve T, and a Kate Hill long sleeve floral print shirt. Not bad for $5 total!</p>

<p>where Thumper?</p>

<p>Popsicle, I sent you a PM.</p>

<p>Looks like All Clad is back on RueLaLa! :)</p>

<p>Ooh- I wish I had an extra $500.00 for the 6 piece BD5 set.</p>

<p>I can’t remember spending 100 on a bag before, but I love soft leather and found this bag for 99.99 at TJ Maxx. It’s larger in person than the picture. I will use it for a long time.
My Tignello was a better deal last time but this one was a birthday gift.
[Amazon.com:</a> B. MAKOWSKY Lacey Tote,Citrus,One Size: Clothing](<a href=“http://www.amazon.com/B-MAKOWSKY-Lacey-Tote-Citrus/dp/B00AX31JJU]Amazon.com:”>http://www.amazon.com/B-MAKOWSKY-Lacey-Tote-Citrus/dp/B00AX31JJU)</p>

<p>My son just informed me he is entering his first triathlon later this month and he needs the proper attire. I learned there is actually clothing called “tri shorts” and “tri shirts”. You can sweat in them, swim in them, and they dry quickly. Unfortunately, what he wanted me to order totalled around $150. I was able to find the jersey on ebay (may be a knock-off) at less than half the cost on the company web site. I found similar shorts at Sierra Trading Company that were 50% off and then found an extra 20% off coupon code on one of my favorite web sites, retailmenot.</p>

<p>Good job on the deals, toledo! I love retailmenot!</p>

<p>Great job toledo! I never check out anywhere online without looking for possible codes at retailmenot. Sometimes I strike out, but when you get free shipping or hit pay dirt with a 30% it feels so good!!</p>

<p>I was in Marshall’s last week looking for a purse. I have a love/hate relationship with my Longchamp. Love the color, weight, size, but I can never, ever find a blasted thing!! For $125 would a few pockets and dividers be too much to ask?! I found a CK in black leather, which I wasn’t looking for, but it was perfect! Holds a water bottle, iPad mini, and a pocket for everything while somehow still being sleek. I felt bad spending $60 on something for later, it wasn’t a really good buy, although its very nice just not a steal. I knew I’d be kicking myself come October if I didn’t get it. I wish they’d had a summer color also. Now the Longchamp is bugging me more then ever!!</p>

<p>toledo - tell him you really don’t need a trisuit. Not sure what temp the water is expected to be, but he might prefer wearing a speedo under a wetsuit and pulling on bike shorts in the first transition. I’ve done several tri’s and can’t imagine hopping on my bike in wet shorts and then running after the bike in the same shorts.</p>

<p>Express is having a 40% off the clearance price sale. Makes it almost affordable :)</p>

<p>[View</a> All Women’s | Express](<a href=“http://www.express.com/clothing/Categories/View+All+Women’s/cat/cat890004?pageNumber=1&viewAll=]View”>http://www.express.com/clothing/Categories/View+All+Women’s/cat/cat890004?pageNumber=1&viewAll=)</p>

<p>Our county water company was offering a rebate for replacing up to 3 old toilets with WaterSense high efficiency toilets. So we bought 3 from Home Depot (they have two “buttons” on the top that flush different amounts of water for “liquid” and “solid”). Anyway, the rebate was $100 off your water bill for each toilet. These toilets cost $98. But wait-- we get a 10% military discount. So they cost $88 and change. Net result-- the water company paid us about $36 to replace 3 toilets! Score!</p>

<p>Great! H loves our old-fashioned toilets and dreads the day we have to convert to lower flow. Our water company hasn’t offered any rebates and the old ones continue to work, so we haven’t wanted to upgrade. </p>

<p>Our new CPA was amazed at how small and inexpensive a photovoltaic system we installed, as he says most of his clients have installed multiples of what we have. We don’t have A/C, heat, extra fridge or freezer, and already had solar water heater. Our bill is regularly $17/month now, down from $75-150/month. We rarely way watch tv, but generally have many computers and printers running up to 24/7/365.</p>

<p>Wow! Nice electric bill!! Impressive!!
I forgot to mention the new toilets are 18" high (to the seat). My feet almost dont reach the ground. I feel like Lily Tomlin’s “Edith Ann”. Good thing this toilet isnt in the master bath (already replaced that toilet and another when we did the last remodel and there was a rebate then too). So come to think of it-- all toilets (5) have been updated at no cost to us. No complaints.</p>

<p>We bought excess capacity in out system, so we regularly produce more than we use, except when both our young adults are visiting and running ALL the computers 24/7. It’s about the only time we use more than we generate, but since they “bank” our excess, we still only pay $17/month. </p>

<p>The system was gross $11.5k to install the 9 panels and we get a 65% tax rebate (fed & state). We’ve had it about 18 months and no complaints.</p>

<p>Purchased a Smathers & Branson needlepoint belt for DS at a thrift store. These go for about $165. This was either never worn or lightly worn. Bought it for $2 (TWO DOLLARS)! I am calling this our Good Buy of the Year!!!</p>

<p>Heads up for early Holiday shoppers for little ones. Kmart has their clearance toys this week at an ADDITIONAL 50% off. So clearance price minus another 50%. We don’t have any little ones (grandbabies, yet) but son’s med school class sponsors families at Christmas and they always have little ones. We are only told a few days in advance of the ages and gender so I try to buy an assortment, and try to keep to classics as well. Stay away from the junk, and buy what I wanted my kiddos to play with!</p>

<p>Fisher Price Farm (remember that one) is now $49.99 retail and Kmart’s clearance had it down to $17.00. Not a steal but much better than it will be in season. I shop thrift stores and Craig’s List all year long but for this particular event I always try to find new items. </p>

<p>Same Kmart had bins up front with all items $.25. Was able to find 53 new, with tags, winter hats, scarfs, gloves, mittens and thick socks. Can’t beat 4 for $1! Many had the original prices of $12.99 and up. Those items are always on the families’ list. Son was THRILLED!!!
I just wish that they had winter coats and jackets for similiar savings!!!</p>

<p>First Kmart I only purchased a few toys (small inventory) but the purchase generated an additional 20% off coupon on toys. So I headed out to the bigger and nicer Kmart, farther from me and was able to use that coupon in addition to the 50% clearance prices. Filled up the back and trunk with toys! Son just completed a research study which more than paid for all the items. </p>

<p>Kat</p>

<p>Blueiguana, this is how I solved my “Longchamp bag is a bottomless pit” problem. I bought an inexpensive laptop sleeve that fits perfectly on the middle of the bag. It works as a perfect divider for the bag creating 2 compartments on the sides of it, and when I am not carrying my laptop with me, I use the sleeve as a pocket for small stuff. Works great!</p>

<p>I switch purses often. A friend gave me a small “case” I guess. It has pockets, a zippered section, place for cell phone…all the things you find In purses with pockets. BUT when I change purses, I just pop it out of one bag and pop it into the next. Maybe this would solve your bottomless pit Longchamp issue.</p>