Your Good Buy Of The Day (Part 2)

They look nice. Ha…. since size XS, I can’t offer to take them off your hands if you don’t like.

That’s a great price! Hope they fit and you like them. Can’t figure out how they make money after paying postage to transport them to you.

2 Likes

Since the post was bumped

I bought a cashmere wrap from Chico’s for $52. A knit travel wrap for $20. I somehow have free shipping, maybe because I have bought enough from Soma because I don’t buy much of anything ever from Chico’s.

The wraps had good reviews. I saw a targeted ad on Facebook, searched for wraps. It doesn’t say they are final sale but the price was so good.

1 Like

Ooooh, what color did you get? That seems like an excellent price for 100% cashmere.

I got the boring black. They had white, beige and a couple of color block ones also.

Here’s the plain cashmere wraps. I somehow get 5% off for being a Chicos member so it was just under $52 for me

Here’s the color block

2 Likes

Oofos has a bunch of their flipflops and clogs on sale with additional 20% off.

1 Like

If they had petite, I’d have gotten small (not x-small), but they didn’t, so I got extra small and will hem them (plus they are very baggy).

2 Likes

That’s a lovely price and wrap. I have too many wraps so I’d best not add to the growing collection. Haha!

1 Like

Thank you! I didn’t need another Oofos but ordered a pair because I like them so much. I got the OOahh sport flex sandal in tidal…already have it in black.

2 Likes

They claim they created the USPS label 4 days ago, but they seem to be in shipping limbo……

But I also ordered some clothes for an upcoming cruise (2 nights where we have to “dress up”) . Found some things on sale (it’s post holiday party time) so ordered a few things on Macy’s sale. Big discounts. Then today one item was marked down even more, so I got on the chat and they credited my card for the additional 20% off the sale price.

7 Likes

Bought D a pair of shoes for bring bridesmaid — $23 at Macy’s in her size. The clerk made 2 more holes in the strap for her (one for each shoe). The matching shoe in a non-sale brand was $89!

4 Likes

Was at library finding Wuthering Heights for Feb and came across “ Friends of Library” sale—$1 each for new or nearly new children’s books! I bought 5 for less than the price of one book!

9 Likes

TurboTax Deluxe (with State) is $45 at Sam’s or Costco. Has anybody found any better deals?

1 Like

Feeling pretty good.

First I rebooked my flight to SFO for my June Road Scholar Yosemite trip, including bumping myself to first class on first flight (already had it return flight) and now have $84 credit on Alaska Airlines. If planes are still flying. If Yosemite is open.

Then I called the local paper to see if I could get my annual subscription rate lowered, as I do every year. She offered me a rate lower than the bargained rate the last three years and $174 lower than the list price. I do love having a physical paper!

9 Likes

We have our retirement accounts with fidelity, they offer turbo tax for free to clients. Other than that Costco seemed to be cheapest

4 Likes

And my buy of the day that made me feel good was 5 boxes of Barrila heart shaped pasta, 1/2 off. And it was already on sale at about 1/2 off, so 1/4 of the price. Never saw it in the store prior…

10 Likes

Shoes for my daughter’s wedding. Were $200 (Eileen Fisher), got them for $25 at Nordstrom Rack. Since they are probably a one time wear, thought that was a good deal.

16 Likes

So, for those of you looking for Turbo Tax deals…how/why did you decide to buy the store version rather than doing the online Turbo Tax Live version?

I always do Turbo Tax Live. Is that not as good?
Does the kind you buy at the store keep all your tax returns on their website for you?
Can more than one person/couple use the kind you buy at the store?

Thank you!

I’m a long time TurboTax desktop user.

With today’s desktop version, one is able to install on up to 5 machines the license holder owns, e-file up to 5 returns for the price of one license, and (with the deluxe + state return) prepare state returns, if needed, - with an additional charge for e-filing.

My tax returns are stored locally on a disk I control and need to backup regularly. I’m also able to go into “forms” mode, and there is a “what if” worksheet that allows for planning/comparisons.

This year, for example, DH and I have 4 versions of our tax return we’re working on, so we each have it installed on the machine we regularly work on.

In prior years when our DC were around, we worked with them to e-file their returns as well.

I usually get the TurboTax disc version from Costco. I use it for H & I, and do whatever so our daughters can use it.
They’ll be by on Saturday so we’ll discuss whether I need to buy it this year