Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

BS Class of 2022 Thread

Mama ParadoxMama Paradox Registered User Posts: 145 Junior Member
edited February 7 in Prep School Parents
Waiting for March 10,2018 acceptance day for B S.
Post edited by skieurope on

Replies to: BS Class of 2022 Thread

• Mama ParadoxMama Paradox Registered User Posts: 145 Junior Member
    This is a happy moment for kids to experience interviews and trying hard to attain their boarding school goals. My twins are calm for the most part. How are you other parents doing ? We might go to Golden Corral on 3/10/18.
  • eknanoreknanor Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    We are counting down the days to March 10 as well.
    My twins applied to 11 schools. Each one are great . So few slots in for freshman. I feel we will have at least one yes.(smile)
  • cj9623cj9623 Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    My kid applied as a repeat freshman. DK is confident, but I'm starting to think I might have to tamp down the expectations. We keep saying whatever happens is meant to be, so our fingers are crossed until M10.
    Admissions at one school asked if we were open to DK coming in as a sophomore, so I'm not sure which "Class of" board we'll be a part of until M10! lol
    I am nervous about not getting enough FA. We must show a united front that it will work out. Our kids are confident and bright...Yup, I keep praying everyday...Good luck !
  • Summer1974Summer1974 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    Applied to 7 schools with FA...I am thinking now that we should have applied to more.
    My kids applied to NMH ,SPS,Peddie ,Lawrenceville , Exeter ,Cate , Loomis Chaffee , Thacher, Andover,Choate and Groton. We love different aspects of each school. Which schools did your kids you apply to?
  • CaliMexCaliMex Registered User Posts: 904 Member
    @MamaParadox Did any of the AOs ask about your list of schools? They seem very different from each other. What was your criteria?
    The majority of the AO staff asked what others schools they had applied to. I guess that is out of curiosity. My twins read up on each school and made their own decisions on which made the cut. It surprised me also how different the favor each school has when you compare them. As the parent, I allowed them to dream outside the box. (smile)
  • CaliMexCaliMex Registered User Posts: 904 Member
    It will be interesting to see where the AOs think they will "fit" best...
    My DK applied to The Gunnery, Lawrenceville, Choate and the Hill School. They were the schools with coaches who recruited DK (three sport athlete), in keeping with the "love the schools who love you" mantra. ;) The AO's did ask which other schools we were considering. Rough, considering some of the AO's were also coaches. (awkward!)
    How is everyone doing? Still counting down the days....
    M10 can't come soon enough. That is all. :-SS
  • dramakid2dramakid2 Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    Today we got a 5x5 booklet from one of the schools that was named "Life at XYZ School". The entire book was photos of the campus and students. It came from my son's #1 choice and is such a teaser!! Trying not to look into it too closely, but I have to admit that it gave me a little boost of hope.
  • hellomaisyhellomaisy Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    @dramakid2 I think I know what that school is. We got the same one on Saturday. It was well done! And, I had the same thought.