Currently sitting at the airport. DS#1’s flight took off no problem. Ours should be fine. The same United flight that cancelled on DS#2 yesterday is cancelled again today, and their earlier flight to that destination is delayed by 3 hrs.
I wasn’t worried because Philly has been forecasted to get minimal snow. However, things have gone a bit sideways. D’s flight has been delayed due to high winds at the Philly airport. Crossing my fingers there are no further delays. Safe travels to all.
My kid’s flight took off about 15 minutes ago. She will be fine until she realizes her flight back here tomorrow isn’t going to happen!
@Deb922 - next time tell your DD to hang up and call back to get another agent who might have been nicer.
Thanks @jym626, I wondered if she should have asked for a supervisor.
Glad she went back yesterday. Freezing rain, heavy snow, power outages here in northern Michigan. So glad we made that trip to the airport yesterday
S was on an early flight back to school today. Is heading away from any bad stuff and his incoming flight was first flight out of DFW this morning, so no delays.
My daughter left at 3 am to drive 500 miles to central PA. It got icy towards the end of her trip. She did witness one accident. She said her car was covered in ice when she got back to campus. Coming from Maine, she’s comfortable driving in winter weather.
That’s what my child told me too, @MaineLonghorn, about knowing how to drive in winter weather but I reminded them that nobody can drive on ice so pull over if it got too messy.
But did receive the mid-afternoon message that they were back safe and sound.
Daughter has been sitting in Newark airport for several hours now - looks like flight we be taking off soon (2 1/2 hours delay). It is not to go back home, but straight to a business trip. Most of her co-workers had their flights cancelled and ended up just not going. So, it will be a lonely business trip, instead of one with a big pack of co-workers. She says the airport is crazy, many flight just say delayed indefinitely, but even more are cancelled. We saw several accidents on the highway on the way to the airport (this was when it had just started sleeting).
Just landed. Those winds made us arrive 15 minutes early!
@deb922 a Supervisor would have been smart- if one was available. Often they are not.
@doschicos, a kind CCer who I’ve stayed in contact with offered to put my daughter up if she got stranded due to weather in southern MA or CT. 
It took us 7 hours to drive the 256 miles from Syracuse to our home today. Usually it’s 4 hours - door to door. Heavy snow, wind, and many accidents from Syracuse to south of Albany. Precip switched to rain when we reached Poughkeepsie and it poured, nonstop, until we got home. Forecast for tomorrow is equally unpredictable but at least we are home. Kids and grandson flew home from Buffalo on Saturday without incident.
S1 is supposed to fly out of Buffalo tomorrow to Chicago, where he picks up a flight to a work conference in Copenhagen. Crossing fingers he gets there…
Fingers crossed for travelers today!
My daughter and son-in-law left our vacation home (MA Cape/islands) yesterday and spent the night near Logan Airport. Their flight for Indianapolis. leaves at noon. So far, so good–no cancellation or delay.
Put my son on a train back to school this morning. His train was late so hoping he makes his connection at Penn Station in NY. Right now he should be fine - he has about 20 mins in between. He found out this morning that his school canceled classes today so if he misses his train, it won’t be a big deal. Dh actually took the Acela to NY (shortly after my son got on the slow train LOL) for a meeting then has a red eye flight to London so if my son misses his train, he can have a late lunch in the city with Dh. Hopefully dh’s flight won’t be affected.
Just cold, miserable rain here.
We’ve had about 13” so far and there was a lull overnight. Snowing lightly now but expected to pick up again this afternoon.
My tennis was cancelled and H even has a snow day - as the Gov told state workers to stay home. He only has to be reachable.
We got lucky. One kid left Saturday night and I drove another very early this morning with friend to LaGuardia. They both got out fine. Last night it yesterday might have been a different story as would be later today.
I’m thankful I got S to school ok yesterday. We had freezing rain in the morning, but it was warming up in the afternoon and at his school they just had rain.
We got an inch of snow overnight but it’s melting now.
Still only a dusting just north of Portland. Grr. I moved here for snow! There’s a good bit more just south of Portland (I had to drive my oldest son back to his apartment this morning), but the driving is no problem at this point.