Chance me and please be honest, thank you! I'm an Indonesian student aiming for neuroscience or bioengineer at top universities in USA. [international, <$20k, 91/100, top 3%, 1550 SAT]

Congrats on your background. A safety school you can’t afford is not a safety and those you mentioned you cannot afford.

For major schools, U of Alabama is likely the least expensive with auto merit but likely above your budget. You can look at Ole Miss too.

There’s an entire thread with a foreign student who was seeking similar cost - schools like Southern Miss, Minot State, Texas A&M International and more were some of the lowest cost. I linked below.

I don’t know how the schools on your list will see your finances but I know these are not all need blind for international. I would add those who are need blind and meet need (assuming they determine you have enough need to meet your budget).

These schools are

Need-Blind & Full-Need: These schools do not consider your financial situation in admissions and cover 100% of your demonstrated need.

  • Amherst College

  • Bowdoin College

  • Brown University

  • Dartmouth College

  • Harvard University

  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)

  • Princeton University

  • University of Notre Dame

  • Washington and Lee University

  • Yale University

1 Like