Hi! I’m a senior applying to UCs this fall. My dream school is UC San Diego, but I am applying to all of them. Afraid my low unweighted GPA will hinder my chances
demographics: I’m an indian girl from a fairly competitive in state public school.
major: i’m applying for cognitive science for all as first choice major and either psychology or linguistics as my second (i put that down as my first in UCSB and UCR bc they don’t offer cogsci).
Courses/GPA (My school doesn’t do class rank)
GPA: 3.7 UW/4.4W
Freshman Year: Nothing Weighted (My school doesn’t offer weighted classes for Freshmen)
Sophomore Year: 2 APs, 2 (UC Weighted) Honors Classes
Junior Year: 4 APs + 2 Dual-Enrollment Classes
Senior Year: 4 APs + 2 Dual-Enrollment Classes
uh also aps i got 4s and 5s except one 3 in ap spanish idk.
- ap scholar with distinction
- presidents volunteer service award
- local singing competitions
A ton of stuff I’m involved in are relevant to my major and im pretty passionate abt them (I am particularly interested in child psychology/psycholinguistics).
- Racked up 100+ volunteer hours at a local montessori school.
- I did a summer psychology research internship at a sorta competitive local program.
- volunteer research assistant at a UC Berkeley child psychology lab this summer
- Accepted to a Stanford Summer Program centered around supporting people with neurodiverse (i myself am neurodiverse with adhd) conditions for which I helped develop a community project and will present at a panel hosted by the department in October (quite a lot of other stuff related to this program)
- on a teen mental health council for a local hospital.
- core officer in my school’s Music Therapy Club, Psychology Club, and Speech and Debate.
- I’ve been very involved in the school’s drama program and productions since 9th grade.
- i make song cover tiktoks in my free time, write songs, blog abt random stuff, and run the class discord.