I was responding to the question (as I interpreted it) about whether the visa was valid for study rather than instate tuition, but that’s definitely an important point -the financial benefits of a 20 hour a week, on campus job would not be close to the difference between instate and out of state tuition. An internship however would presumably be more than just a financial consideration. (I don’t believe an F visa is valid for instate tuition anywhere.)
1 Like
To be fair to OP: they never claimed to be a first gen applicant. They wrote:
Which I agree is not a special factor for admissions.
It was confusingly phrased (others also asked for clarification) - I wasn’t sure if OP had perhaps just left out a comma before immigrant - and “first gen” means something specific (and different) for college apps, though I realize OP may not have known that. Also, OP at least at this stage is not technically an immigrant either;that status may of course change in future.
2 Likes
Sorry, I don’t think I can help. I don’t have a good understanding of international admissions.