- US domestic US Citizen
- State/Location of residency: TX
- Type of high school Competitive Public: (This cycle we had 20+ UT Honors admits, multiple Berkeley, Rice, and other t20 Admits. 3 Ivy Admits.)
- Gender/Race/Ethnicity: Asian
- Other special factors (first generation to college, legacy, athlete, etc.):None
GPA, Rank, and Test Scores
- Unweighted HS GPA: 3.9/4
- Weighted HS GPA: 5.1/6.0
- Class Rank: Top 11-12% ED, Top 10% By RD.
- ACT/SAT Scores: 1540 SAT, 36 ACT, 1480 PSAT
17 Total AP Courses, all Math up to AP Calculus BC
(Have the opportunity to take MVB/Calc 3, however I am not passionate in math, and do not want to force myself into a higher rigor math class in place of other courses, unless it is significantly beneficial toward applications.)
All available AP Sciences except Physics 2 ( Took Physics C: E&M Instead )
- NMSQT Semifinalist ( Finalist possible after admissions )
- Nationals in a Medical Comp ( Do not want to get doxxed )
- HOSA State
- Science Olympiad State
- AP Scholar
Vying for Regeneron STS Scholar, although if it occurs only goes toward RD updates.
Extracurriculars ( Working on these over the summer )
- Summer Research Internship at a T10 University Cancer Lab
- Research Assistant at Local University Biomedical lab
- Independent Research Project under Independent Study Program on Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Harvard STRIPED Policy Translation Team Member
- Shadowing under 3-4 different specialities
- School Science Olympiad President
- Hospital Volunteer
- Publications in high school level research journals
I am fairly confident in my essay writing, would give them at least an 8/10, however essays are subjective to ao’s, so I cannot guarantee anything.
LORs ~ 7-8/10, decent, school teachers know me well
1 LOR from t10 professor I researched under which will hopefully be quite good. (9/10 ~ )
Cost Constraints / Budget
I am fortunate enough to not have cost as a constraint. Do not qualify for any need based aid.
UT Dallas ( NMSQT Full Ride )
Case Western University
UNC - Chapel Hill
*I would love more recommendations for matches, as I do not have many. I have too many reaches in mind LOL.
UT Austin Non auto admit ( In state )
Rice (Planning to ED)
Johns Hopkins(Possible ED2)
Emory University (Possible ED2)
A couple of BS/MD’s
The worst aspect of my admissions is class rank + gpa. Although I maintained a fairly decent UW Gpa, my class rank dropped from 5% to about 12% in the first semester of junior year. This occurred due to extenuating circumstances surrounding the death of a close family member. Although this event did not cause any clinical concerns, I was extremely mentally unstable and depressed, leading to get 4 B’s in 1 semester of high school. I am not sure whether AO’s will consider these circumstances, especially because they were not diagnosed/clinical concerns, although I plan to mention them in Counselor LOR’s and Additional Info. For RD Round, it is quite certain I will have climbed back up to the 10% range, however for my ED/EA Schools, I will most likely be just outside of it. Is it worth ED’ing with a lower class rank, as the boost from ED is significant as well.
Thank you for your time!