Coronavirus: What are You doing ( if anything) to prepare/ What are you personally observing?

On another note, the locally owned grocery chain is offering the 1st hour of shopping Tu, Th and Sat for SRs 60+ only (plus a companion if needed). They’re trying to keep our SRs safe!

I’m so very sorry @HImom!

@abasket Any decision reached about your daughter coming home?

I don’t think there are too many people who seriously think that schools are reopening this year. Maybe in some of the lesser hit states, but in general… doubtful.

I work in a hospital and that is just awful. My hospital is one visitor per patient, however if terminal, no limit. As it should be! Have them take it to hospital administrators! Offer to mask and glove.

I very much doubt whether a hospital is happy about handing out their precious masks and gloves to visitors.

I just don’t think we can expect normal protocols in a time like this. Anybody right now can have the virus. As callous as it might seem, it could result in possible spread to other patients and to staff.

Operating in this current environment is very challenging. More reason we need to all do our part by isolating and kill this virus.

^^Especially since doctors who are actually treating infectious patients are being issued just 1 (one) n95 per day which they use to see multiple patients and then are ordered to turn them in back to the hospital so the same masks can be reused the next day by some other doctor. n95s are single use items, designed to be used once with one patient and then disposed of.

And surgical masks are being kept under lock and key because there aren’t enough for surgeons performing critical surgeries (like this person is gonna die without surgery)

I wish I were kidding about this, but I’m not.

Maybe it’s a short term thing, but I loved this post so much I almost cried.

Today was not a good day for me. Maybe I’ll elaborate later, but for now, just leave it at that. I tried everything-I walked, I deep breathed, I spoke to my vet about my soon to be dying cat and was reassured they would be there if we needed to put a stop to her suffering, I walked again, I watched funny videos (check out Key and Peele; they are hilarious). I realized that following the other thread was making me bat you know what crazy, and told myself to GET OFF THE INTERNET. But I can’t seem to give up CC. Thanks to this thread, I have a place to find people of similar circumstances. Lol, I’m worried for my sanity. I appreciate the CC parent community. It helps to have a place to blow off steam.

@privatebanker

I’ve got a couple of unopened boxes of hair dye – so no problem there, but I’m kind of wondering what the point is if I’m not going out and seeing anyone for a couple of weeks.

@Nrdsb4

I am so very sorry to hear that your cat is dying. Our pets are such a huge source of comfort to us. Please accept my sympathies.

I am sorry. When i had the flu recently, I read here too much and also ended up feeling pretty depressed by the end of the 1 1/2 weeks. Maybe Tamiflu played a role but I found getting off the internet and doing something like watching a fun netflix show while I exercised, talking to a friend, reading a real book, cooking, or anything made me feel better. I’m so sorry about your cat. Losing a pet is very hard. That alone would be very hard for most. hang in there. I hope things are better for you soon.

Friday when all the food was gone from stores made me look at using instacart for the first time. Delivery was days out on it Friday and Saturday so I gave up on it. I told my friend who is in her 70s about it today. She was worried about going out to shop for food. She was able to get groceries delivered in 2 hours and thrilled she can stay home. :slight_smile: I’m glad the time is down to 2 hours from several days. :slight_smile:

@suteiki77 In Seattle? After weeks of me telling her to do so, D tried to order groceries tonight and she said Instacart was telling her Saturday at the earliest. Hmmmm, now I wonder if she was trying to get to me?

Dr. Sanjay Gupta’s advice: Act as if you’re already infected

CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta has one piece of advice for Americans: Act as if you’re already infected with the coronavirus.

This means not leaving the home for non-essential reasons, not having people over to socialize, and taking precautions to protect the people in close proximity with you.

“If you have to, you’ve got to act as if you might be carrying the virus,” Gupta said. “There are all these things that are within our power and we’re in this together.”

He added that he had canceled his younger daughter’s birthday party, and canceled a trip to visit his parents – difficult decisions, but ultimately things one would and should do if they were sick – and the kind of mentality that may now help protect people from the virus.

“The good news part of this is that it’s within our control to totally change the fate here – or at least, alter the fate of what’s happening here,” he said. “It’s within all of us. How I behave affects your health. How you behave affects my health. Never have we been so dependent on each other – at least not in my lifetime – and we should rise to that occasion.”

I am acting as if I’m already infected, although I doubt that I am actually infected. I’m both self-isolating and social distancing: working at home, rarely going out except to take out the dog, keeping a long distance from other people. But I’ll confess that sometimes this makes me feel kind of ashamed and disgusting. Hey, here I am, big blob of germs and a danger to everyone!

I’ve been joking on fb that I’ve been training for this for years. I’m a chronically ill, immune compromised introvert. Finally it’s a useful skillset for something!

^^^we just joked about all the parents trying to make their introverted kids, extroverts. Now we all get to see their world. Also just when we tell them to go outside and do something… We all need to come back inside… Lol… They win! ?

We have been pretty good about keeping social distance and going on minimal essential errands—pick up drugs, pick up groceries, return library books and get some before library closes for a month+.

Our governor had a news conference and is requesting folks self isolate, all state non-essential workers are to work from home and no travel. Requesting no visitors to our state for a month, as our cases have been out of town visitors, we are hoping and thinking (though not enough testing to be sure).