Coronavirus: What are You doing ( if anything) to prepare/ What are you personally observing?

^^ my husband predicted that the number of infected cases will be doubled every 4-5 days if we continue to test.

The Government should be telling people that the numbers will be getting worse for at least 2-3 weeks (at best) from the lock-down so people can mentally prepare. To avoid fake news and people saying how come lock down doesn’t work.

And in a sign that the end times are looming (jk)—

Salt Lake City just had a 5.8 magnitude earthquake. The epicenter was near downtown SLC itself. Power is out, light rail is shut down. The School of Medicine building has been evacuated because it’s structurally unsound. Patients and doctors are being evacuated from parts of the University of Utah Medical Center and all surgeries (scheduled and emergency) are cancelled.

Funny I was thinking the same. What drama to top the virus drama with a geological one in a most religious state!

Not yet but my sister is waiting on her boss’s test results. A person her boss was with on March 7th is positive. Boss was informed and self quarantined. Started feeling sick Friday.

So my sister is official in mandatory quarantine until Boss gets results. Should be soon.

And, my sister “took it personally” when I refused to kiss/hug her at family Bat Mitzvah (we don’t get along great to begin with) and got in a huff and dissed me to my other relatives (who don’t get along with her that well either because she is so snooty.) It was like she was oblivious to danger (along with the rest of my family at that gathering.)

So my daughter and her friend came home from Beloit yesterday. I couldn’t even give her a hug… ?. But we had a fun dinner calling my son at Michigan who is now alone in his apartment since his roommate bolted. I think he likes it this way.
LOL. We suggested making the roommates room into an office /study room so at least he goes somewhere different. He liked that idea. He can go on walks but said it’s too cold but will. There is no one around him but still people on campus. It’s normally quiet on North Campus so nothing looks /feels that different to him right now. He has food and toliet paper he said for 2 weeks so he’s good… Lol.

He normally takes his group/board from his student org out to dinner and the 8 of them are still on campus in apartments. They are trying to figure out what to do. They have virtual meetings still.

I suggested sending everyone a pizza then doing a virtual dinner party together ???.

Andrew Cuomo has been saying that about the numbers since his first presser. The more we test the more the numbers will go up.

@Knowsstuff , say hi to your daughter and her friend from another Wisconsin person (me).

I don’t know anyone who has it, but I am concerned about S2 who I can’t be sure is taking it seriously enough. I know he’s working from home, but I don’t know if his social life has been curtailed. He also has 2 roommates in a townhouse, and how S does is also dependent on how those roommates do.

I also have a friend my age who had a kidney transplant several years ago, so he needs to be extra vigilant. He’s an accountant so this is his busy time for work. I’m concerned about him.

Someone asked if we knew anyone who was infected. D2 was informed yesterday that someone in her office tested positively (NYC). Until that day, people could work at home if they wanted but the office was still open. Unfortunately, for security reasons, working at home is hampered because the remote network is very slow. So many who might have otherwise chosen to work at home were still coming into the office. D is now sheltering in place.

I have a good friend who works in a small office with two positive for corona coworkers. Neither coworker is showing severe symptoms. He has not yet been tested but is self-isolating. North Carolina.

Found out one of my undergrad researchers has it. We work remotely so no chance any of us have it.

She said she feels ok but she’s also about 20 and very healthy.

My D is taking it mildly seriously and is following orders to shelter in place. Can’t even see her BF for 3 weeks, who is also sheltering in place.

My co-worker from the UK has it.

I’m glad my kids are home with us in HI. D normally lives in a room in a house in LA with many single males (all of them have their own schedules and jobs and contacts). I have more confidence in our ability to self isolate as a family than them self isolating where they had been living.

So far, I think HI has been pretty fortunate. The govErnie has just asked the no one visit our state for the next 30 days and is FINALLY doing temp screening of all cruise passengers from ships on Friday and shortly thereafter all airplane passengers.

Alcohol @70 & 91% plus toilet paper had been reappearing in our local stores, yay! Sadly no corned beef nor cabbage at local market we stopped at so we settled for canned plus potatoes.

I went out for groceries today for the first time since Saturday. There was a line around the block to get into Trader Joe’s. I didn’t join it. People were not standing more than feet apart. A loaf of bread isn’t worth it. But the bigger market had no line. I wasn’t able to find any bread, no meat, no eggs. The deli, the butcher and the self-serve things were empty. There was plenty of fruit though.

I drove by our community hospital. There is a tent outside, but I saw no one there.

I would so love to be able to walk or run together!

Isn’t it amazing though that we can still look up , see and appreciate the same beautiful sky?

@HImom It amazes me that people are still going on cruise ships!

Anybody want to virtually join me on a nice bike ride? I’m leaving in a few minutes.

I wish people would stop with cruises already after diamond princess. It just makes things bad for those on the boat and whomever is supposed to try to let them dock.

I remember a post asked a question here, I think, whether their mom should go ahead with the cruise planned. As I recall everyone encouraged her to go on the cruise. Do we now wonder why people go on a cruise?