Coronavirus: What are You doing ( if anything) to prepare/ What are you personally observing?

@“Snowball City”

Crossing fingers and toes for your daughter and sending Internet to you.

Messaging with one of my kids about grocery shopping:

“i think we’re just going to continue slowly stocking up on things each time we go out there for routine purchases
gotta leave enough for everyone else at any given time”

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand this. He’s a radiologist, and he’s reading CT scans, and the patients have cough & fever and he’s supposed to rule out that they have Covid? But some of these patients have, what is it, ground glass opacities in their lungs, so instead of ruling out Covid for those patients he is instead diagnosing it?

My youngest and her boyfriend decided to leave Brooklyn and come home to MA. (His family lives in the same down as we do.) She said I-95 between NY and Boston (heavily travel route) was clear the entire way. She arrived home and said she was keeping her distance because we were old!

Good for them, @Bromfield2! I’m glad they’re closer but also that your daughter is keeping her distance.

Some $45 parking downtown Seattle is $15. Not too many takers though! :slight_smile:

Talked to my brother-other than the heart stopping saga of getting on the last plane to the states from Morocco, (after several of his attempts at getting home from other venues got cancelled),he got lucky-very lucky-getting home. The drama associated with the airports for returning citizens was resolved by the time he landed. Cruised through immigration and customs. Then got a first class upgrade on his second leg to DFW. And got ANOTHER first class upgrade to Denver. THEN booked a private van ride to his home town. A little unnerved by the TP shortages and coming home after months overseas, he did admit to grabbing a roll of TP at one of the airport bathrooms. I totally understand.

It’s so crazy. I certainly have never experienced anything like this. I’m trying really hard not to be a total basket case.

I was GREAT - so great with these events. Until I wasn’t. I had to put my dog down, my cat is hanging on by a thread, other things are pressing, and I think that tipped me over into the “Not coping well” crowd.

D1 is a psychologist/researcher/therapist specializing in anxiety disorders. She read my distress, told me she was experiencing similar sentiments, and extracted a promise from me to make a pact with her that we would power walk or do similar exercise every single day of this crisis. I wouldn’t be doing it otherwise, and I admit it DOES help, at least for awhile, with the anxiety rising in me.

I encourage everyone to get outside and stress your body gently with some physical activity.

I’m sorry about your dog and cat and anxiety, @Nrdsb4. I understand, and I thank you for your suggestions.

@“Cardinal Fang” - they are CT scans which show something different, which I believe is more definitive as a diagnosis than the ground glass pattern seen in chest x-rays. At least that’s what I understand, I’ll ask him when he gets back from work in the AM.

@Nrdsb4 I’m so sorry about your furbabies. Sending love :heart:

@Nrdsb4 Sorry to hear about your dog and cat. It’s hard to deal with that even in the best of times. Exercising is a great idea.

My yoga studio has just started offering classes on line. It’s a $20 fee for a week of classes.

I’m sad that I’m getting texts from my grad school daughter (whose classes/labs and everything) are going to all be on line until end of this semester - who knows about summer semester - asking if I think they will homebound people totally because she doesn’t want to be stuck there largely alone when she could be home with H and I. She says it’s weird to be apart in this crisis.

It’s sort of breaking my heart. :frowning: I have encouraged her to do what feels right. She is welcome to come home.

And while she is looking to mom for the answers, mom just doesn’t have them in this situation. :frowning:

@Bromfield2. May your dog rest in peace. My dog is 13.5. One day he’s like a puppy and the next day has a hard time going around the block.

@Bromfield2… That’s brilliant… No one’s is going to go live after this.

There seems to be conflicting info – this SF Chronicle says you CAN still take walks…
https://sfist.com/2020/03/16/lockdown-arrives-shelter-in-place-orders-go-in-effect-at-midnight/
"You can still take a walk, walk your dog, or exercise outdoors, but you’re urged to remain six feet away from other people. "

If there is nothing keeping her there, tell her to come home. I think it is a good time to be with our loved ones if it is possible.

Wisconsin: Coworker’s son had contact with a person who tested positive. Coworker’s son felt terrible late last week but now is starting to feel better. Coworker’s son was told today that he won’t get tested but should self-quarantine for two weeks. He has no paid leave at his job.

It’s like the triathlon drafting rules- you can’t get too close to other riders or you get a penalty!

@Nrdsb4 I’m so sorry about your furry babies. It’s so hard losing them and watching them fail. I’m glad you are getting out for the walks.

I’m doing more than I should be with a healing stress fracture, but not my normal level of stress-relieving run training. I’m walking and was doing elliptical until the fitness center closed. My very challenging job is even more challenging right now since I have a lot of coronavirus related legal issues to navigate for 33000 plus employees. We’ll get through this, but it’s tough on everyone.

Even my daughter is coming home to visit but her classes are online and think she is hinting about staying home or coming back early from college. Think lots of people left already.

Your daughter might be waiting for you to say the words.

You’re A CLASS ACT, Thumper!