WashU in St.Louis
Vanderbilt
Georgetown
George Mason U (in Virginia, d.c. suburbs)</p>

<p>and possibly some more...to consider or add to my list</p>

<p>Here's the following criteria I'm looking for in a school:</p>

<p>-On the east coast
-Medium to large sized in terms of population
-should be in an urban setting, or a city or large town...or just a nice location in general--anything but rural
-Should have a good/great social life
-Should be very diverse...(is there a good muslim student association group, middle easterners, africans? etc...)
- Has decent to beutiful architecture
-has a good economics program--also considering minoring in poli science or arabic but doesn't matter really)
-students are FRIENDLY.
- Doesn't have too much grade deflation...
- Not a LAC...but I don't mind considering it.</p>

<p>I'd reaaally appreciate some responses. thanks :)</p>

<p>I thought you had like a 2.9 GPA...</p>

<p>You consider Minnesota, Wash U & Vandy "East Coast"?</p>

<p>Miami, Emory, American & BC come to mind, but if you're sporting a 2.9 your entire list (except maybe Minnesota) is a roll of the dice at best and in some cases downright impossible.</p>

<p>Mogadishu University:</p>

<p>
[Quote]
-On the east coast of Africa, yes
-Medium to large sized in terms of population I don't even know
-should be in an urban setting, or a city or large town...or just a nice location in general--anything but rural It is in an urban setting
-Should have a good/great social life DEFINITELY.
-Should be very diverse...(is there a good muslim student association group, middle easterners, africans? etc...) There are definitely a lot of muslim Africans there and probz some middle easterners as well
- Has decent to beutiful architecture Quite exhuisite
-has a good economics program--also considering minoring in poli science or arabic but doesn't matter really) It does offer a major in economics
-students are FRIENDLY. Probz
- Doesn't have too much grade deflation... Probz
- Not a LAC...but I don't mind considering it. Bingo!

[/Quote]
</p>

<p>^ LOL. +2000 internets for you :)</p>

<p>^^ I know, but I was asking because I plan on becoming a transfer applicant after 1-2 years. I just want to have a list ahead of time...</p>

<p>Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.</p>

<p>What happened to you wanting to go to Howard? (oh gosh I'm creepy for remembering this)</p>

<p>I've decided that it's far from anything that I want in a university...I think I was thrown off by the fact that I was homesick for VA/d.c. and it's quite social...</p>

<p>I suppose I want more diversity, better academics, facilities everything (see list above) etc...</p>

<p>haha, it's not creepy..no worries :)</p>

<p>^^ lol and good job at guessing/remembering that I'm a Somali lol.</p>

<p>But c'mon guys.....I'm a URM :)</p>

<p>^haha, thank you!</p>

<p>And BU/Northeastern work for a lot (but not really the architecture, so eh)</p>

<p>^ thanks for the input :)</p>

<p>even if I considered going to Mogadishu University I wouldn't want to be held hostage by a somali pirate you know :/ (or even worse--Al-Shabab...lmao).</p>

<p>
[quote]
^^ I know, but I was asking because I plan on becoming a transfer applicant after 1-2 years. I just want to have a list ahead of time...

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Oh, I see.
Proceed. :p</p>

<p>Haha..This post is very interesting. Mogadishu is far far far from a place you would like to visit. Somalia is still a lawless state... They will eat you alive (literally!!). My dad's friend was a adventurer and his wife was brutally hatched to death in this city.
USA have tried to control them, but it was no good (Watch the movie called Black Hawk Down).It's the last place you would like to be at!.</p>

<p>^ Lol...believe it or not..my Dad works in Mogadishu half of the time...(and the other in dubai)...and nothing has happened to him...yet. He always shrugs it off whenever people tell him about how dangerous it is and then tells them it's not as bad as they see it on t.v.--plus it's funny because he looks 100% just like an Arab (outsiders not really welcome?)...i suppose he knows his way around and has good street smarts.</p>

<p>On a random unrelated note, my grandpa was the fmr prime minister (pm) of Somalia...way back in the 60s.</p>

<p>still haven't seen Black Hawk Down :/ (i will soon).</p>

<p>What are your SAT and ACT scores?</p>

<p>What is your cumulative GPA?</p>

<p>Do you know how much your mom and dad will pay? </p>

<p>If your parents aren't currently married, then some schools will want your dad's income info for aid determination.</p>

<p>SAT--1820 going to retake</p>

<p>ACT--never bothered to take it but I will in the fall</p>

<p>gpa--2.9-3.0 with a decent rigorous courseload</p>

<p>no idea...i think my EFC is 0. Not sure about dad's income but my mom makes somewhere between 50k-60k.</p>

<p>parents are married.</p>

<hr>

<p>I only plan on applying to the UMN-twin cities and other in state schools..and maybe some match schools elsewhere...or I just might going to my local CC (which has very good programs)</p>

<p>I plan on maintaining a high gpa next year (senior year) to show my upward trend.</p>

<p>I plan on giving it a shot at transferring after one year..if that doesn't work i'll go after 2. (plus if i go to my CC i get guaranteed admission to the University of MN -TW.</p>

<p>I'd like to bump this.</p>

<p>anyone else? :)</p>

<p>what about u of chicago or u of michigan? both have great diversity and interesting campuses</p>

<p>UMichigan- sounds good :)</p>

<p>UChicago: I've considered it before, but after thoroughly researching it, I've come to the conclusion that:</p>

<ol>
<li>It's too quirky and intellectual for my taste.</li>
<li>"It where fun goes to die"</li>
<li>It's unnecessarily difficult</li>
</ol>

<p>other than that Uchig is an amazing school ..but not the right fit for me :/</p>

<p>b
bu
bum
bump</p>

<p>I just need a few more schools :)</p>

<p>Yeah..Write the essays well and boost up your SAT scores and you can make it to mos tof the universities in your list.</p>

<p>PS: Your dad is lucky.</p>