How soon will we hear about admission decision?

<p>Thank You all!!! I hope I get into either of the two… whichever I find out first, I guess i’ll go to my friend last year… SAME EXACT SCENARIO… found out about tulane a day before wake was due and committed to tulane, and told wake that he had another option (because he hadn’t seen the response</p>

<p>doingthisagain: shoot I just realized what I set myself up for… however, I know I made a mistake and cant edit it… (I hope it wont hurt my chances of getting in)-</p>

<p>kreativekat- I did not send in my scores… I hope I can use my minority status(religion) and arts background as a hook… I hope both schools like my hook… </p>

<p>I hope I can stay positive and prepare for the worst, just hope for the best… I have good backups</p>

<p>13all - I am a little confused. Are you saying that your friend last year backed out of an ED commitment at Wake?</p>

<p>Also, you won’t have hurt your chances of getting in at all. You didn’t say anything wrong or damaging anyway. I think doingthisagain was just advising you to be very careful what you put out there to the general population. Anyone can see this, you cannot filter it to chosen friends like some sites.</p>

<p>Yes- he did, because Wake was his 2nd choice as well… He and I are very similar, both loved both campus’s. Both very preppy, and we both had an artistic edge… However, since he liked having New Orleans at his fingertips, he wanted that. He got into the honors college at tulane, so I think that was what was decisive… </p>

<p>Fallenchemist: With my profile, do you see me at tulane or wake more… I need to say I do have good backups, but my entire list is ambitous… (University of Denver, College of Charleston, Elon-idk if that is actually a backup)</p>

<p>I hope things go well!!! Chance me one last time for my whole list of schools including my (so-called backups)</p>

<p>I have to say first, hopefully without sounding overly judgmental or preachy, that I think it is really unethical to apply somewhere ED when it is a second choice. I assume this is from the current Wake Forest document, it doesn’t have a date but this is what game up when I searched.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>It seems pretty clear to me. A person that does not have Wake as a first choice is not only being plainly unethical by using the ED process to gain an advantage where none is deserved, they are also hurting another student and their high school. Another student because Wake will assume that all who apply ED and are accepted will attend, and so will take a fixed number. True, they could go down to the next person on the list, who obviously got denied ED, and make them an offer. But now that person feels a bit “second-class”, and given the delay may have made a different decision to attend another school they got an offer from, like a Tulane. It potentially hurts your school because if there is a trend of students from that school applying ED and then reneging (and 2 in 2 years would be considered a trend), future students will not get fair consideration.</p>

<p>So while I really don’t want to take this thread off track by making it into a discussion of ED commitments, I cannot see how in good faith you can not go to Wake if they take you. For that reason, there is no purpose in answering your last question. If you get into Wake, you should go.</p>

<p>By the way, now that I have that additional piece of critical information about you applying ED to Wake, I have to totally retract what I said about your posting your real name not potentially hurting you. If I were a Tulane admissions officer, what you have said would absolutely give me considerable pause.</p>

<p>13all94- If Tulane was your first choice school why did you not apply SCEA? I am very surprised that your cc sanctioned you applying ED to another school with the intent of backing out if you got in to Tulane. I have had 4 children go to 4 different high schools including one to a prestigious New England boarding school and no way would any cc allow that. It is ethically wrong and looks terrible for cc and school. If I were you I would be sweating it out now as you posted your name on this forum…so should your cc and headmaster of school!!!</p>

<p>13all94-</p>

<p>I too also love both Wake Forest and Tulane. And when it came down to deciding which school to make my first choice I ended up selected Tulane (for various reasons). So, I applied to Tulane SCEA and Wake RD. </p>

<p>If I were you, and Tulane is truly you’re first choice, I call the Wake Admissions office ASAP and ask to have your application moved to RD.</p>

<p>Ok how do I delete myself from cc?? because I wanna go to both schools equally as</p>

<p>Only an administrator can do that, I think.</p>

<p>No matter what happens on here and with the colleges, I hope you realize something from all this. And I don’t mean that you shouldn’t post on CC!!</p>

<p>13all94 - I would listen to the advice of those that just posted. FC and madre1956 made great posts. While deleting your account is a temporary solution, you need to decide on Wake or Tulane ASAP. Withdrawing from an ED commitment after acceptance is unethical, and technically “illegal.”</p>

<p>i agree. 13all94, i don’t think you have come to the realization that you did something wrong. you are no remorse. Deleting yourself from this forum is not the solution.</p>

<p>EVERYONE!!! Tulane has always been my dream school, and Wake Forest is my top choice… just got off phone with college counselor… I am in good shape, I will not turn down an early decision. I signed an agreement. I would love to be a student at either school… However, Wake is Early decision… Tulane is early action… Please understand someone had hacked my CC account… This is me now…</p>

<p>Okay, come on. The guy made a simple mistake. He is trying to do what any student tries to do, get ahead in the game. We don’t know his circumstances or actual ideas. He could be from Topeka Kansas for all we know. This forum is about how soon people will hear back from Tulane. I suggest we get back on topic.</p>

<p>On that note, I still haven’t heard back.</p>

<p>Good luck, Cheer007.</p>

<p>13all,
Not to beat a dead horse, but if you are accepted to Wake, unless it is a financial impossibility, you must ethically withdraw all other applications.</p>

<p>“Your decision is pending review We will try to get you a decision in just a few weeks, but you will receive an update on your admission status by Decenber 15th at the latest.”</p>

<p>Three errors total… Dec. 15th is in less than a week, no period after “review,” and December is spelt incorrectly. Unprofessional for such a highly regarded institution! You would think that they would pick up on at least one of these errors and update the message…</p>

<p>13all94- seriously?! You’re going to try and say that your account was hacked? Just stop. We all know it was you, and once you received feedback that was not to your liking, you made up a lie.</p>

<p>@13all, someone hacked your account ??? Really??? Sounds like you are digging your hole deeper.</p>