How soon will we hear about admission decision?

<p>Everyone else will be posted by the 15th at 6 pm ET </p>

<p>Sent from my iPhone</p>

<p>I’m very confused.</p>

<p>You don’t have to worry- cheer- unless you live in CT,mass or NH OR VT ( New England)</p>

<p>Sent from my iPhone</p>

<p>I don’t live in those areas. </p>

<p>But 13all94… I’ll ask again.</p>

<p>Did you receive a letter?</p>

<p>Also, how do you know that 8 PM tomorrow is the cut off?</p>

<p>Yes I did receive a letter in my mailbox </p>

<p>Sent from my iPhone</p>

<p>8pm is not your cutoff they take northeast applicants as a priority and are finished by tomorrow at 8 with acceptances </p>

<p>Sent from my iPhone</p>

<p>how did your find out about charleston?</p>

<p>Dean of admissions- my interviewer called me</p>

<p>Sent from my iPhone</p>

<p>just got deferred. great.</p>

<p>stewfoo how do you know so late?</p>

<p>just checked my mail. i got a deferral letter but on gibson it still says pending review and that they’ll let me know by the 15th. honestly im *<strong><em>ed. i was considering this school a low match or maybe a match. okay take it back. im not *</em></strong>ed im livid.</p>

<p>Can deferred applicants get in regular- it’s a huge reach what do I do </p>

<p>Sent from my iPhone</p>

<p>No school with an admission rate in the 20s is a sure thing for anyone, stew. And especially when its a low match-match. Sorry you did not get in yet- but if you are seriously interested in Tulane, then show interest, communicate with your adcomm and go visit. Good luck. Use your disappoinment as a motivator.</p>

<p>13all94: I’m sorry that you were deferred from Tulane. But I have to put in my two cents on a few things. First, you weren’t denied, you were deferred. Big difference. If you really want Tulane, there might be things you can do, which others have pointed out here. Second, if I remember correctly, you are waiting for ED from Wake Forest. Another great option, and that wait is not much longer. Third, you have a great option in C of C with aid! (I don’t know what other colleges you applied to, but there are probably more options than this.)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Also, you are going about this all wrong. You are worried about C of C’s reputation? Seriously? How about the program that you were accepted into, the student life, what’s it like living in Charleston… there are a zillion other important things that should be more important than reputation (and you should go over to the C of C board and ask there). I have no idea of the reputation of C of C, but it could be a great fit. </p>

<p>On another note, congrats to all who have received acceptances (and merit scholarships!) I have really felt for all of you waiting and thank my lucky stars (and everyone on CC, esp FC) for the insight that led DS to send in his app in September and get an acceptance and merit aid in early November. I had to take out the letter again this week and re-read it – just so grateful. DS still waiting on other decisions, but Tulane remains a serious possibility!</p>

<p>Bloomy, the idea that Tulane admissions want nothing to do with parents is false in my experience. Because my son was in France for fall term, there were times that I had to be the one to reach out to Admissions on his behalf as he didn’t have the ability to call from France. The interns and the admissions staff were more than helpful!</p>

<p>I agree, ExeterMama. I wrote to the admissions office about our upcoming trip and got a VERY warm response from Sam. Didn’t get any impression that I shouldn’t have contacted them, or that they only want to hear from my son.</p>

<p>I live in Massachusetts and got the pending message. Things are not looking good. This is a disappointment; I thought Tulane would be a target school.</p>

<p>Exetermama + mavitale - glad you had a good experience + felt well received by admissions…we are told at our HS that all correspondences need to come from the student or a guidance counselor which seemed logical to me - they certainly will not communicate w/you once your child is enrolled - they only deal w/the students directly. My daughter had to sign something that gave me permission to “pay” tuition and deal w/the bursar’s office as crazy as that might sound…</p>

<p>Also - I think if your child communicates w/admissions it looks better - more of an interest on their part - compared to if “mom” or “dad” does…I just picture them rolling their eyes…just my opinion - unless your kid is in france:)</p>

<p>I was told a letter was sent to my child. Since, the status reads “you will hear by the 15th”, I assume it means that my child was deferred. I think that answers the question.</p>