Just got my high school schedule. Help me decide between AP Chem or Physics

<p>AP Chem (might switch out to Physics)
AP Spanish (chill class, teacher loves me)
Alaska Studies (required to take in order to graduate)
Trigonometry
AP Language and Composition
Yearbook (Editor)</p>

<p>I'm on the fence between Chem and Physics. I did well in Chem last year, but I don't know how I'll do in AP because I heard it was ridiculously hard. What looks better on a college transcript? I'm trying to go into business.</p>

<p>Even though you're going into business and science won't matter too much, I'd say go with physics so that colleges will see you took each major science. Obviously, this is assuming you took some form of biology already.</p>

<p>As far as I know, chemistry and physics will be all the same if you're trying to go into business. I prefer physics myself and while deciding between the IB courses I chose physics. </p>

<p>I suppose whichever subject you can get a 5 in would look better on a transcript. The only thing I've heard about the AP courses is that chemistry has really easy math and the physics is silly because it makes you "assume g = some # other than 10".</p>

<p>What grade are you in?</p>

<p>Also, what AP physics is offered? Is it B, or C?</p>

<p>No, I meant just regular physics.</p>

<p>I'm not sure what state you're in, but if you're in CA there might be some UC rule where you have to take all 3 sciences. At my school you have to do that, but I believe the UC rule might have changed so you don't have to take physics; but that might be something to consider. </p>

<p>Is there any chance you could take both? I mean, not next year but later down in the road you could take the other, to show breadth? It's just a matter of preference, although if AP chem is weighted and reg. physics isn't, then it would be advantageous to take AP chem if you think you can handle the material.</p>

<p>I'm in Alaska going into my junior year. My top college choices are Wharton, USC, Texas, UNC and Michigan</p>

<p>I think I can take physics senior year</p>

<p>Oh, that was kind of a silly question considering your Alaska Studies class, :P Just be sure your school doesn't have any other restrictions. You also might be want to check out those colleges too. My GC loves telling the story of how a gal got accepted to Cornell or some equally ranked school (I forgot) on the condition that she took physics before enrolling.</p>

<p>Edit: Physics senior year at my school is super popular! That sounds like a good idea.</p>

<p>I notice that you don't have an Econ class. Are you going to do that online, in summer school, or try to fit it in senior year?</p>

<p>I'm taking ap Econ 2nd semester after ak studies</p>

<p>If it's C, then do physics. If it's B, then either one would be good.</p>

<p>I think it's just Physics A</p>

<p>If it's not both semesters of AP Physics C, then take AP Chem if you think you can handle the workload (it's just a lot of information to process, not necessarily hard). </p>

<p>I have a neighborhood friend who's last name is Tash lol.</p>