Little Women on PBS premieres Sun, May 13 at 8/7c

Anyone else looking forward to it?

Yes! Loved the book (and her other books). Angela Lansbury as Aunt March should be a treat.

Me!

I watched a preview show (during a fund drive) and it looks wonderful!

One of my favorite stories! Yes.

Me too!

Thanks for the heads up. I didn’t know this. How many episodes is it going to be?

Me too.

@VeryHappy It’s only 3 episodes so a mini-series, shown on 2 dates. Episode 1 on 5/13 and Episodes 2 and 3 on 5/20.

Thanks for the heads up! I’m going to record it and save it to watch when my daughter is home after graduation.

I’ll have to tell my D about this. Many years ago when we would travel to South America in the summer for a few weeks to stay with ‘Abuelos’ my D finished reading all the books she had brought so we went to the bookstore and I found an English version of Little Women for her to read and I told her that it’s a wonderful book and you’ll love it. One day I saw her sitting all sad and she said, ‘Beth’s sick.’ So I consoled her a bit. The next day she seemed much happier and I asked and she said, ‘Beth’s better’. All I could do was give her a hug.

The actress playing Jo is the daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke. I like the casting of Emily Watson and Angela Lansbury. Set to record!

I didn’t know about this. My Mother’s Day gift from husband is going to be to make popcorn and watch that!

It’s on! :slight_smile:

BTW, if you are a podcast follower, the Masterpiece Studio podcast has done a few episodes about this limited series. Love to listen to their podcasts!

There’s also an upcoming documentary about Orchard House, the real life home of the Alcotts. It’s showing on PBS stations around the country, mostly around May 21-23.
https://louisamayalcottismypassion.com/2018/05/01/long-awaited-orchard-house-documentary-to-air-on-pbs-this-may/
Maya Hawke and Annie Leibovitz are in the documentary. Google "Orchard House: Home of Little Women (2018) to see the trailer.

So far, it looks GREAT!!!

I have to wait until Wednesday to view. Glad it was made well

The first episode was lovely. Though I still love the 94 movie version with Winona Ryder… I haven’t read the books so I can’t compare which is more faithful to the original.

Maya Hawke has the appropriate mixture of awkwardness and beauty… and she sounds eerily like her mother!

I kept comparing it to the Winona Ryder version, which so far I like better. I’m keeping an open mind though and will wait for the rest of it. I wish they had shown more of it last night.

The portrayal of Amy made me strongly dislike her per usual. The repeated reference to Jo’s hair being her “only beauty” got on my nerves per usual as well. :slight_smile: