Long Distance Inter-faith Relationship....

<p>I'm a Jewish guy with a Catholic girlfriend. My parents, though not AGAINST it, would rather it not grow into anything more than a "High School Sweethearts" sorta thing. I'm going to be going to Brown (Providence, RI) in the fall, and she is deciding between Quinnipiac (Hamden, CT) and Catholic U of America (DC). The former is about a 2 hr drive (so says Mapquest...); the latter, an Amtrak (or plane ride...?) away. I'm not trying to weigh one agianst the other... I will support her in whichever place she decides to attend. "Weekend visits" is, on paper, ideal... but I'm afraid that would infringe on our own college experiences. I know I want to participate in a slew of extracurriculars, many of which practice/perform/compete on weekends. I know this is going to sound corny, but I love this girl, and I don't want to see something so perfect die out because of something stupid like geography. Any advice?</p>

<p>Give it a break during college, see each other as good friends during breaks and stuff.</p>

<p>If you really love each other, then you could take a four year break and will still love each other. If not, then maybe you really are just "high school sweethearts".</p>

<p>Yeah, I was thinking about that. It makes sense, but I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else. Thanks.</p>

<p>Ok, I donno if you still want advice, but I agree w/Dima... I'm in a similar situation (my boyfriend's Catholic, I'm not), and I'm going to Northwestern (Evanston, IL), while he's going to NM Tech (Socorro, NM). If you really love her, stay together during college - I think I'm going to. But otherwise, take a break (4 year or whatever) and see what happens.</p>