Before I start it’s probably important to mention that I’m graduating two years early and will enter college when I am 16. I only have three years of high school as I started kindergarten a year early and will be skipping senior year.
White Male, US and Minnesota resident
mid-tier public high school
Family makes 75k
4.0 UW, school doesn’t weight.
Rank: School doesn’t rank
Freshman year: none
Sophomore: APUSH, AP Calc AB, AP Bio, AP Stats.
Sophomore summer: not an AP but taking Calc II from a uni.
Junior (next year): AP Lit, AP US Gov, AP Macro, AP Human Geo, AP Psych, AP Chem, AP Physics 1 (ima try to switch it to independent study AP Physics C but my school might not let me), Multivariable Calc.
Major Applying For: Physics/math
Extracurricular Activities: As I will be listing on common app.
- Science fair at the regional, state, and international level.
- Research at the University of Minnesota dealing with biofuel production and later cancer.
- Did piano for 10 years with a studio
- Have done karate for 6 years (3rd degree brown belt in SKA and Ukai Midwest)
- Have done some volunteering but planning to do much more during this summer. I’m expecting ~60-80 hours by the end of the summer counting both the volunteer tutoring I did during the school year and volunteering at food distribution centers I’ll do during this summer.
- member of Minnesota Junior Academy of Science (invitations to ISEF finalists, winner of state science fair, and JSHS finalists) we try to expand STEM to more students and plan future science events
Awards (kinda weak tbh): Once again, as I will be listing on common app
- 2022 ISEF Finalist
- Gold Metal at state science fair (top 5%)
- Bolton and Menk young scientist award at state science fair ($500 if that matters)
- Planning on listing AP scholar assuming I get good enough AP scores
extra: I also got an American Chemical Society award at state science fair, but I thought I shouldvary up my awards instead of only listing science fair awards. What do you think?
Letter of Recs: I don’t think I can accurately judge how good these will be but prolly mid. Just assume average for a student similar to me.
Essays: Same as letter of Recs
One last thing. I don’t know if it’s really important, but I only took two years of a foreign language and reached Spanish II.
I don’t have a definitive list yet, but I want to Dartmouth ED.