Northwestern Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Northwestern University offers Early Decision but does not offer Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Decision (ED) deadline for Fall 2022 admission is November 1. Here are additional dates, straight from the source:

• October: Last date for standardized tests (SAT and/or ACT); plan college visits and campus tours
  • November 1: Applications are due
  • November 15: Music applicants auditions must be scheduled
  • December 1: Completed CSS Financial Aid Profile is due
  • Mid-December: Admission decisions are made
  • February 1: Nonrefundable tuition deposit is due
  • February 15: Completed FAFSA online form is due
  • March 5: Submit tax materials to College Board’s IDOC Service

Last year, Northwestern admitted 1,096 of the 4,399 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 24.91%.

For more information visit the Northwestern University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Northwestern applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Northwestern University? Why Northwestern? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Northwestern topics visit the northwestern-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Northwestern Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

2 Likes

do we get a portal after we submit our applications or when we start working on the common app?

After you apply

how is everyone feeling about their ED chances to northwestern
Do you think there will be more ED applicants this year

when do the results usually come out?
I believe last year they had about ~5k applicants in ED

I believe my daughter got hers Dec 18th last year.

1 Like

Fingers crossed!

1 Like