Random Articles - share links to articles of interest

Rickroll memorialized in the dictionary. Now I have seen it all. :rofl: I wonder if you get Rickrolled when you look it up online.

2 Likes

Floordrobe - An untidy heap of discarded clothing left on the floor of a room, instead of stored in a wardrobe.

Can’t wait to use this one.

7 Likes

Amazing!

10 Likes

I want one! :smiling_cat_with_heart_eyes:

Me too! :cat_face:

1 Like

It’s smaller than a house cat! Just imagine the places it can find to hide. When we first adopted our cat many years ago, we didn’t realize there was a way to get into the walls from underneath/ behind the downstairs bathroom sink. She did.

6 Likes

My first thought was, “S would like that.” The guy is a bonafide cat lover!

1 Like

“What I Found Out About Organ Donation Shocked Me”
gift link Opinion | What I Found Out About Organ Donation Shocked Me - The New York Times

3 Likes

Wow.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the organ donation article, @oldmom4896 …terrifying!

3 Likes

So much pressure or angst or I have no idea in society. But when you’re at the peak…very sad. My dad has sat next to him and chatted at a local sushi place. Says he very nice, normal.

6 Likes

Long, but important, IMHO.

4 Likes

Wow.

5 Likes

That’s terrible!

Many NFL stadiums with artificial turf (including our infamous MetLife Stadium in NJ, which has caused Achilles injuries to so many players!) hosted FIFA soccer matches this summer, and the fields were converted to real grass because FIFA mandates it due to player safety concerns. And then they converted them right back to artificial turf after the World Cup was over.

Crazy :angry:

3 Likes

That’s a very thought-provoking piece. A separate thread in the politics forum is discussing it.

1 Like

I Gave My Life Over to Meta’s A.I. Agent and Was Blown Away
Muse, Meta’s A.I. agent, helped handle my dental insurance, booked dinner reservations and created a podcast for me. It also required my most personal data, and trust.
gift link I Gave My Life Over to Meta’s A.I. Agent and Was Blown Away - The New York Times

1 Like

He Changed the World of Organ Transplants. Would He Die Waiting for His Own?
A New York transplant surgeon’s experience waiting for a heart transplant laid bare the challenges of a system he had spent decades trying to fix.
Gift link He Changed the World of Organ Transplants. Would He Die Waiting for His Own? - The New York Times

1 Like

They Kept Outsiders Away for 500 Years. Their World Is About to Change.
gift link They Kept Outsiders Away for 500 Years. Their World Is About to Change. - The New York Times

1 Like

Article using my alma mater as an example of a college cost system spiraling out of control. @NiceUnparticularMan you may be interested.

Syracuse University tuition and enrollment crisis alarms higher ed | Fox News

This was a really interesting (and saddening) article. Thank you.