The residential real estate market is starting to turn around...

<p>Is Fremont going to come back anytime soon?</p>

<p>BCEagle, there are TWO bridges that cross from New Hampshire to Maine. The smaller one is being shut down. I haven’t heard anything about the larger one closing. That would be huge news up here!</p>

<p>Oh - I just heard something about it on the radio. We go up to York in the summer and it would be a pain to find a new route.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>You should answer that question yourself… What is the title of this thread again???</p>

<p>Regarding the prices in Mission SJ. Look around you in north bay and just imaging what the prices will be if there is no crash and then recalculate after adding 10%-20%.</p>

<p>I am talking across the United States… ;)</p>

<p>Well, its like asking if the Bay Area Real Estate start to Turn around? And the answer is always going to be, some are, some aren’t…</p>

<p>In 1990s(early) a townhouse in Fremont was sold in the $200K and it’s now in the $700-$800K(I just checked the price recently). Back then a 3BR house south of Oregon express was in the $350K+ and in Palo Alto was $550K.</p>

<p>Yes, I saw sharp reduction of REO assets in auction

</p>

<p>Just popping on here to say that I got an offer on my house. Wish me luck all! I counter-offered this morning. Fingers crossed - it would be a tremendous relief to get it sold.</p>

<p>Good luck, fingers crossed for you.</p>

<p>Today they announced again foreclosures rose 3% again. So as far as RE we are still adding inventory from the selling side without necessarily increasing the buying side.</p>

<p>This article is interesting
[New</a> American Dream is renting to get rich | Reuters](<a href=“http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/15/us-housing-americandream-idUSTRE81E1LG20120215]New”>http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/15/us-housing-americandream-idUSTRE81E1LG20120215)</p>

<p>In Manhattan and SF it is cheaper to rent than to buy.</p>

<p>We looked at buying my daughter a condo in SF…but it didn’t make sense.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>^^ can you share some experiences?</p>

<p>Not really…</p>

<p>We just looked at numbers…the cost of owning was higher…</p>

<p>If you are willing to deal with a TIC…the numbers are closer…</p>

<p>[Home</a> buying: Most affordable in decades - Yahoo! Finance](<a href=“http://finance.yahoo.com/news/home-buying-most-affordable-decades-150500530.html;_ylt=ApO0sAg4QlMDBuf_BJmPwKyiuYdG;_ylu=X3oDMTQza2J0cGwzBG1pdANGaW5hbmNlIEZQIEp1bWJvdHJvbiBMaXRlBHBrZwM1YTViYzE0NC02YWFhLTMwNzEtYTQzNC01MDhhMzY3ZDRlNGQEcG9zAzEEc2VjA2p1bWJvdHJvbgR2ZXIDOTVkZjY3MDAtNThiMC0xMWUxLWJmZWQtNTQ5YzYwMzRhZmNj;_ylg=X3oDMTFvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3]Home”>http://finance.yahoo.com/news/home-buying-most-affordable-decades-150500530.html;_ylt=ApO0sAg4QlMDBuf_BJmPwKyiuYdG;_ylu=X3oDMTQza2J0cGwzBG1pdANGaW5hbmNlIEZQIEp1bWJvdHJvbiBMaXRlBHBrZwM1YTViYzE0NC02YWFhLTMwNzEtYTQzNC01MDhhMzY3ZDRlNGQEcG9zAzEEc2VjA2p1bWJvdHJvbgR2ZXIDOTVkZjY3MDAtNThiMC0xMWUxLWJmZWQtNTQ5YzYwMzRhZmNj;_ylg=X3oDMTFvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3)</p>

<p><a href=“http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mortgage-delinquencies-getting-back-normal-154500603.html;_ylt=Amxqfshbpj51f5fsJquq8MWiuYdG;_ylu=X3oDMTQzdW1kOG4wBG1pdANGaW5hbmNlIEZQIEp1bWJvdHJvbiBMaXRlBHBrZwNiYzViYTYxZS0wMWFiLTMzYTAtOWI0OS1hYWMyYWUwNGQxYTUEcG9zAzEEc2VjA2p1bWJvdHJvbgR2ZXIDODE1NTJkYjAtNThiYS0xMWUxLWJjZmMtMTEzMzIxMDAyMzlh;_ylg=X3oDMTFvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3[/url]”>http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mortgage-delinquencies-getting-back-normal-154500603.html;_ylt=Amxqfshbpj51f5fsJquq8MWiuYdG;_ylu=X3oDMTQzdW1kOG4wBG1pdANGaW5hbmNlIEZQIEp1bWJvdHJvbiBMaXRlBHBrZwNiYzViYTYxZS0wMWFiLTMzYTAtOWI0OS1hYWMyYWUwNGQxYTUEcG9zAzEEc2VjA2p1bWJvdHJvbgR2ZXIDODE1NTJkYjAtNThiYS0xMWUxLWJjZmMtMTEzMzIxMDAyMzlh;_ylg=X3oDMTFvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>[Honey</a>, They Shrunk My Bonus - WSJ.com](<a href=“Honey, They Shrunk My Bonus - WSJ”>Honey, They Shrunk My Bonus - WSJ)</p>

<p>Interesting story on many levels BCEagle91…</p>

<p>When I look at how these financial companies are doing …looks to me like the bonuses should be cut more…</p>

<p>CNBC has been running stories about young people preferring to work for companies like Facebook, Google or startups instead of working for Wall Street. That is a change from several years ago.</p>

<p>On a slightly different note…</p>

<p><a href=“Prices of Mortgage-Backed Securities Prove Irresistible - The New York Times”>Prices of Mortgage-Backed Securities Prove Irresistible - The New York Times;

<br>

<br>

<p>Maybe they have to pay them that much to work the long hours. As a general sentiment, though, I agree with you.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Maybe grads want to enjoy their work more than they want to make a ton of money. I don’t think that’s bad.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Yeah, even the worst crap might have some decent value at some point.</p>

<p>I see signs of recovery from the home auction/trustee sale end of the business.</p>

<p>The banks are not releasing the homes in better locations when the bid is lower than they expected. This is not the case a few months ago. And when I say “better” it is NOT the hot areas like Palo Alto or Mountain View, I am talking about secondary locations far from the ground zero.</p>

<p>“Maybe grads want to enjoy their work more than they want to make a ton of money. I don’t think that’s bad.”</p>

<p>I don’t either…</p>

<p>“I see signs of recovery from the home auction/trustee sale end of the business.”</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>“Yeah, even the worst crap might have some decent value at some point.”</p>

<p>Yeah… A friend of mine wanted me to invest in some of this crap a few years ago. I did not feel comfortable about it so I didn’t.</p>

<p>He did speculate in this crap…and he is a pretty happy guy…</p>

<p>Oh well…</p>

<p>I had a look at some three-year charts of companies that I look at - especially restaurants. Some pretty hefty gains in those - not on the order of Apple but still impressive. It has been a nice three-year-run.</p>

<p>I went to the local Dicks Sporting Goods today. Saw a pair of shorts that I liked for $50. A pair of warm-up pants that I liked for $64. Some pretty serious price hikes for the Spring. We’ll see if they sell and if they stick. I mentioned this in the other thread but I’m amazed that stuff at these prices are part of the mass markets - can people really pay these prices? General Mills earnings last week indicates that their customers are saying no to price hikes on food yet many restaurants seem to be doing very, very well. Are people eating out more instead of going grocery shopping?</p>

<p>There are a lot of confusing signals out there.</p>