That’s awesome. I visited Stevens this past year with D27. we were both impressed with the campus and the tour was very good (particularly the engineering part). I’ll be curious to see if they stack in the end. They remain on D27’s list for next year, but without stacking on top of TE, they are too expensive for us.
Stevens does not stack awards.
Why is there no thumbs down button on this thing?
He did apply EA. I recommend reaching out to the admission counselor. We finally found someone who told us we were denied and the admission counselor got back to us the following week with a yes. It could also have been a fluke for all we know, but there was no indication of timeline or communication at all with his initial merit or thereafter.
I just read Florida only have 5/330 applicants a TE award last year. Has anyone on here applied or received one? Must need very high stats.
Same. My school is not in a good place right now ![]()
Ok, I guess set rate confuses me because my daughter is at GWU on a TE Scholarship and she gets $54k/year. And on the TE page for GWU I swear used to say “Set Rate”. I just checked and now it says “Other Tuition Amt” so i had thought that Set Rate wasnt the same for every school and that each school decided what amount they gave. But sounds like I was wrong on GWU.
Accepted to Emerson but waitlisted for TE. Merit is about 1/2. We’ll see how FA comes in. Fordham package includes merit and grant but waiting on TE. The TE rep says they do not stack, so it seems to have changed? Not sure.
Accepted to GWU with Presidential Scholarship (less than their generous TE). No word in the letter about TE, need-based aid, or Corcoran Scholars. GWU is high on the list, and honestly, I am feeling grateful for this turnout in general. You never know how it will go . . .
My son was accepted into Lafayette with the Marquis scholarship (half tuition) so no TE. This helps with the decision making since it is too expensive without TE.
So now we have all the final stats since the last school he is waiting on is not TE (Cornell).
Juniata - no TE, got merit scholarship of $45k
Syracuse - no TE, got merit of $38k
Clark - no TE, got merit of $45k (equivalent to TE)
Dickinson - got TE of $44k + $24k merit (stacks!)
Union - got TE of $45K
Lafayette - no TE, merit of $35k
Fingers crossed for TE at both
The Dickinson offer is incredible. Is your child leaning towards that one or are you waiting until you visit?
He’s leaning toward Clark. I think the culture fits him better, but Dickinson is a close 2nd. So we are going to go to admitted students days for both and then he can decide. If he chooses Clark I will try to negotiate with them using the Dickinson offer ![]()
We’re very proud of him! He also got into the 3 state schools he applied to (SUNY Binghamton, Potsdam, and Geneseo) with scholarships for all 3. High school has been rough socially for him (remember he’s ASD too) and so to get this validation from these admissions and schoalrships is doing a lot for his self-esteem : )
My info is a bit dated, but my sister is a Clark grad from the 1990s. She really enjoyed Clark a lot. It’s an odd mix of a very small school that is simultaneously an R-1, which gives it a weird (not bad, just different) vibe. The Worcester area is a mixed bag, but she never had any safety concerns. My D23 applied to Clark too, and was admitted with TE, but she ended up too transfixed by NYC (she’s at Fordham). I also liked Clark’s Masters program for free offer, which if I remember was a 4+1 type deal, but that fifth year was free. Nothing wrong with that! At the same time, Dickinson is a very highly ranked liberal arts school and that’s one hell of a deal (TE + stacking) at their prestige level (#32 in NLAC).
Good luck with the choice! Can’t go wrong with either.
He’s leaning toward Clark. I think the culture fits him better, but Dickinson is a close 2nd. So we are going to go to admitted students days for both and then he can decide.
We’re very proud of him! He also got into the 3 state schools he applied to (SUNY Binghamton, Potsdam, and Geneseo) with scholarships for all 3. High school has been rough socially for him (remember he’s ASD too) and so to get this validation from these admissions and schoalrships is doing a lot for his self-esteem : )
Thank you!! That’s helpful. They are both great options. Overall I am thrilled to have them! And I am pleased with how the TE process turned out, even if it was stressful getting there!
Things are starting to come together with TE. Right now, choosing between Gonzaga (full) and CWRU (44k). Still waiting on LMU, USD and Villanova, but they are giving less than 5 awards. Any insight, please advise!
Get it in writing! Tell them you are ready to commit, but needs confirmation in writing. Save email.
He should be feeling awesome!
SUNY grad myself, but can’t say much about Potsdam or Geneseo, though I had numerous friends attend Binghamton back in the day and liked it. Potsdam would require a few space heaters in addition to the obligatory small dorm refrigerator, obviously. When advising my own kids, I lean heavy on school culture. Student success is about a lot of holistic factors, and fit (across a number of ways this can happen) is a very big deal. For me, academic stats are important, but they are below fit in the priority ranking.
Enjoy what’s left of the admissions ride!
I relate to this so much!! We’ve had a similar experience and it’s making me hopeful for college. Ours applied to Buffalo, Stonybrook, and Albany and got great scholarships at all, but they’re just not right for him (it’s a shame because of the cost, but fit is paramount for my ASD kid). I hope his self esteem continues on that upward trajectory ![]()