Congrats on the TE! But - doesn’t Lipscomb grant full tuition with TE? In my memory, most schools - if they agree to stack on top of TE - draw the line at full tuition.
Posting for future parents:
Muhlenberg - TE (set rate plus room stipend) + $2k talent awarded with EA decision in December
Lawrence U - TE (49.5k) + additional $6k grant awarded with RD decision in February
Bard College/Conservaotry - TE (set rate) plus $28k conservatory grant with RD decision in March
Ithaca College - denied TE, awarded $32k talent/merit
University of Hartford (Hartt School) - denied TE, awarded $20k talent
Hi - thanks, first time TE parent here, but I thought I had seen some schools that stack allowing housing stipends and talent awards on top of full tuition TE. Maybe just wishful thinking. If Lipscomb would reinstate his talent scholarship, it puts him in budget without taking out any loans. Oh, and for those interested in how the award worked at Lipscomb, they left the full academic scholarship in place and added the TE scholarship to bridge the gap between academic scholarship and full tuition.
It’s possible, and never any harm in asking them!
There could be some that will allow the stack to pay for housing - I just remember reading a number of schools unwilling to go past full tuition. Good luck!
New username here. Anyone hear from USC? This is our only remaining result. I’ll post an update with overall results once we hear.
Quick update, my son notified Drexel yesterday that he will not attend and also notified the Telo that he will not accept the TE scholarship. I hope that if anyone here is on the waitlist you get a notification that you received it next!
Would like to add my kid’s TE stats, but can’t access the spreadsheeet. Private?
We declined RIT TE today, so hopefully it will benefit someone else.
Hi all, I can’t believe what a long and wild ride TE has been! D26 got into all the TE schools she applied to and is still waiting on one for TE. However, she is ready to commit soon and will be declining Rhodes, Case Western, Bellarmine, Brandeis, UIndy, University of Denver, and Augustana. In case anyone is on a wait list for any of these.
My son’s account has been under review since 3/23. I emailed this morning and now they are saying end of April.
For which school? Fingers crossed for you!
Thanks for sharing! Fingers crossed for all of us.
For University of Florida,keeping everything crossed ![]()
Yes!!!
D26 has declined TE at Wheaton MA and Centre, and we just visited Dickinson, she decided it wasn’t a great fit so we’ll be declining that offer soon. Just in case anyone is waiting on any of those 3!
Did she make a decision? Great that you visited to see Dickinson.
S26 just committed to Stevens! It was a toss up with Pitt. We visited again on Monday and it was a close call, but the TE scholarship plus his admission to the accelerated masters put it over the edge. I can’t believe it’s done! Sending lots of thanks and wishes for similarly happy outcomes for all here. You’ve been a wonderful source of support! ![]()
![]()
Congratulations on having a decision! It sounds like a great fit!!
Thank you!!
Woo hoo!! Congrats! I bet it is a big source of relief. We are going to Clark this weekend for their admitted students event and then to Dickinson the following weekend for theirs (unless he decided to commit to Clark after this weekend). It will be nice to finally know!