I’m a transfer applicant for Fall 2023 and I received and an email from UC Davis regarding the regents scholarship yesterday, February 6th.
Here is what the email stated:
Greetings from UC Davis Financial Aid and Scholarships. Our records show you have applied for transfer admission consideration to UC Davis for fall 2023. We are honored UC Davis is a preferred choice and, if admitted, you may be eligible for the Regents Scholarship.
Please note, this correspondence does not confirm your admission to UC Davis; scholarship consideration is separate from the admissions decision process. Transfer applicants will be notified of their admissions decision in late April via myadmissions.ucdavis.edu.
The Regents Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship at UC Davis and is awarded to students solely based on academic and personal achievements. Recipients receive a two-year honorarium award of $7,500 per year, disbursed over three quarters, assuming the student continues to meet the criteria. For a full list of privileges and perks of the scholarship, please visit Regents Scholarships.
To be considered for the Regents Scholarship:
- Gather your UC Davis ID number provided in the email sent by Undergraduate Admissions acknowledging receipt of your fall 2023 application. The acknowledgment was sent to the email address provided on your UC application.
- Set up a UC Davis login ID and password. (Confirmation of the set-up can take up to 24 hours.) If you have already created a login ID and cannot remember it, please contact IET Express.
- Log in to the UC Davis Scholarship site.
- Complete and submit the UC Davis Transfer Regents Application.
The deadline to submit the scholarship application is Friday, February 24, 2023. The scholarship application is comprised of the following:
- One letter of recommendation
- Three short essays
- Job history
- Extracurricular activities
We require one letter of recommendation, but you may request two. Please note, we will only read the first letter if both letters are received. Once you have requested a letter of recommendation through the website, your recommender will receive an email with instructions on how to upload their letter. The deadline for the letter of recommendation(s) is Monday, February 27, 2023."
I’m confused as to whether or not this is an “invitation” to apply to the regents scholarship, since you stated UC Davis does not send invites. Did every applicant receive this email, or at least every transfer applicant? Also, do you think this is a good sign in terms of whether or not I might be admitted? For reference, I have a 4.0 gpa and I applied as an economics major.