I am assuming nursing results for EA will not be released anytime soon as the deadline is only 12/1- anyone know anything about timing of those decisions?
When my son was accepted, it said that this info would come 2-4 business weeks later. He was accepted on 11/7 and saw it in the portal yesterday. Not sure how long it was there since he didn’t get an email to check.
I think it generally comes about 2-3 weeks after acceptance. My daughter was accepted 11/7 and the merit letter showed up yesterday in the portal. It’s the blue button next to the “submit your admissions decision reply” yellow button. It used to say “learn about financial aid” or something like that and now it says “view your financial portal”.
Looks like last year they sent out acceptances on the Monday prior to Thanksgiving, so that would have been yesterday. Not sure what will happen this year.
Someone on another forum is claiming their child got $24,000 per year. Anyone else even come close to that?
That seems like a lot, and according to their website, on the level of one of the elite scholarships. I wonder if their kid is an athlete or if they are misreading the award and it’s $24K total.
This year? Or are they talking about a previous year? If they are talking about a past year, it could be that their student got one of the larger (invite only scholarships). Otherwise, I don’t think that’s accurate based on what’s on their website. I know they say the figures are approximate, but $24k per year would be like $7-8k higher than anything I’ve heard of for the past 4 years. And I don’t think the invited scholarship candidates have even been invited yet this year.
I believe $17,000 is the highest before the scholarship weekend, 100 accepted (pretty much Val’s and sals with high scores).
Has anyone been admitted OOS EA who went test optional?
Usually by Mid January.
There were a couple people upthread who were admitted TO OOS.
yes - oos test optional. admitted on 11/7
OOS Accepted Business undeclared
3.82uw 6.5w Test optional 2aps other honors classes 4 years honors spanish
Great essay, solid ec
Daughter received merit award today, $15,000 per year, here are her stats:
OOS, UW GPA: 4.0, W GPA: 4.2, ACT 34 (test scores submitted), 9 APs, Biology Major
She also got in to Penn State and Pitt Honors College, no merit from either (which we understand is to be expected)
Yes we did
Unfortunately, they don’t release nursing until about mid-February, and they don’t early release these:(
Congrats! When did she get her admission decision?
Admitted 11/7, she applied pretty early, sometime in early September I think
Thanks! My kiddo just got her decision last Friday so I probably just need to be patient!
She did get a nice big envelope in the mail today, so that was fun.![]()
Good luck!